Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that 33/1250 would fit on a stock titan 4wd. Wouldnt 35's fit on a 2.5 level kit? Thanks for any feed back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
with 35's, for a 6" kit you get some rubbing, so I doubt a leveling kit with 35's will work... I heard a leveling kit with 33's is the way to go, but that's almost the same size tire my truck came with.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
161,040 Posts
But I think there are a few who have tucked 35's under a mini lift. Lose the mudflaps and do the pinch weld mod. The width will be your bigger issue, not the height. Aftermarket wheels with a better offset would help with that. You might still get some rubbing, but the above would minimize that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
My uncle had the 2 " leveling kit on his 4x4 and 35x12.50s on stock rims. All he had to do was trim the Pinch Weld and take his mudflaps off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
I have 315/70r17's (pretty close to a 35") on mine with a PRG mini lift, kept the mudflaps and haven't rubbed yet. Hard to see, but the avatar shows the setup. (I don't have any pics on this computer)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trckwsh01 said:
I have 315/70r17's (pretty close to a 35") on mine with a PRG mini lift, kept the mudflaps and haven't rubbed yet. Hard to see, but the avatar shows the setup. (I don't have any pics on this computer)
its hard to see your truck could you send me some other pics please. Do you have 2.5 lift? any in the rear end? thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,748 Posts
Here's a pic of mine way back when on 35/12.50R17


315/70R17 BFG a/t KO's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,748 Posts
Allen titan said:
Nice truck. Does it have a 2.5 lift? what about the rear end? Thanks
I was running the PRG leveling kit only at the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Factory wheel allow the most tire, when going to aftermarket wheels most of them have less backspacing which means more rubbing...

Did everybody notice on Yellomantis's truck how little the Titan frame torques?...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,748 Posts
loufish said:
Factory wheel allow the most tire, when going to aftermarket wheels most of them have less backspacing which means more rubbing...

Did everybody notice on Yellomantis's truck how little the Titan frame torques?...
The suspension would have flexed a lot more if I removed the sway bar prior to off roading...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Allen titan said:
its hard to see your truck could you send me some other pics please. Do you have 2.5 lift? any in the rear end? thanks
I finally remembered to take some pics! And yes, it's dirty. Just showin the little bit of clearance that I have with the mud guards on.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
(I wasn't able to edit my post) BTW, that's with the PRG Mini lift with the 1.5 inch block in the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,748 Posts
But it does rub with the mud guards on right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
I have the 315/70 R17 on with just the 2.5" front leveling kit, it works no rub on the mud flaps but it's as close as can be. My one worry is snow and Ice buildup in the winter but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Nope, no regrets at all. No rubbin on the guards. That replicates my situation exactly Redpickemuptruck, I couldn't have said it better.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top