Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am super new here but I've been doing research ever since I picked up my truck. I have a 2013 SV King Cab 4wd. I am wanting to at least level my truck, but I'm leaning toward a lift at the moment. The truck has 100k miles with 275/70/18 Duratracs. Mechanically the truck is pretty solid, but I'm concerned with the shape that a lot of my front end bushings are in as well as a bit of creak/pop that I get on hard braking. I plan to go through the front end pretty soon. The reason I am posting however is I am looking for suggestions on how to proceed after the bushing upgrades.

I have been reading quite a bit on leveling with the 5100's but noted that the lift would be marginal for an 08+ and that anything over 3" would cause CV angle issues. I do know that my stock struts and springs are in rough shape. I have Rancho 9000 on the back which is adding to the rake I think, but my rake at the moment is wild. It's sitting at least 3" lower in the front than the rear.

Anyhow, my next option would be the Rough Country 4" Lift. I'm not ever wanting over 33" tires so I doubt I would like a 6" lift much. I've had lifted vehicles before and I use my bed a lot so I am shying away from going too high with it. Also, I am not against going with coilovers in the front for max bad @$$ery. SO... what would you do? I won't say money isn't an issue but I'm not in a hurry and can save up for the project. I'm currently thinking the 4" RC lift with SWAYS, but I have no idea what to consider while doing it. I.E. Are there better options that work well together for the bang for the buck? Or should I just do the 5100 level and work out the creaks and groans while I'm under it for now? The rake is really bothering me! Please and thank you for your time and for reading all this. I would love to hear some advice and opinions. Also, I'd like to keep the stock 18"x8" wheels. I like the factory wheel look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I am super new here but I've been doing research ever since I picked up my truck. I have a 2013 SV King Cab 4wd. I am wanting to at least level my truck, but I'm leaning toward a lift at the moment. The truck has 100k miles with 275/70/18 Duratracs. Mechanically the truck is pretty solid, but I'm concerned with the shape that a lot of my front end bushings are in as well as a bit of creak/pop that I get on hard braking. I plan to go through the front end pretty soon. The reason I am posting however is I am looking for suggestions on how to proceed after the bushing upgrades.

I have been reading quite a bit on leveling with the 5100's but noted that the lift would be marginal for an 08+ and that anything over 3" would cause CV angle issues. I do know that my stock struts and springs are in rough shape. I have Rancho 9000 on the back which is adding to the rake I think, but my rake at the moment is wild. It's sitting at least 3" lower in the front than the rear.

Anyhow, my next option would be the Rough Country 4" Lift. I'm not ever wanting over 33" tires so I doubt I would like a 6" lift much. I've had lifted vehicles before and I use my bed a lot so I am shying away from going too high with it. Also, I am not against going with coilovers in the front for max bad @$$ery. SO... what would you do? I won't say money isn't an issue but I'm not in a hurry and can save up for the project. I'm currently thinking the 4" RC lift with SWAYS, but I have no idea what to consider while doing it. I.E. Are there better options that work well together for the bang for the buck? Or should I just do the 5100 level and work out the creaks and groans while I'm under it for now? The rake is really bothering me! Please and thank you for your time and for reading all this. I would love to hear some advice and opinions. Also, I'd like to keep the stock 18"x8" wheels. I like the factory wheel look.
I am in the same boat as you. The RC 4" is $1000 but does not come with struts and would require me to have a professional installer. My plan is to do the RC 3" because I can add the RC N3 shocks front and back, new greasable UCA's that allows for more clearance, a small rear block all for $650 shipped. I will also save on labor. I started to get serious about this lift when I saw this video on YouTube. Seems tall enough for me.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
My perspective... LEVEL.

I did a quick KBB on your truck and it's worth $12k on the high end of trade-in. Why sink a THOUSAND dollars into it just for a lift kit. Bad decision.

You only want to go to 33" tires MAX, so do the lift kit and you'll have a nice stance and save some $$$ too.

I am 37. I bought my 2005 brand new when I was 22 years old. I lifted it a few months after purchase. The truck now has 140k miles on it. It sits too high, the tires cost too much, and it's a PITA to get in and out of the bed or even put stuff in and out of the bed. Reaching over side to get stuff, etc. I say all that and I'm 6'8" tall. 22 year old me loved the lift kit and big bad *** tires. 37 year old me, wishes it was back to stock with level kit and 33's.

You're going to be happier in the long run with a LEVEL kit.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
If you want to stay with 33" tires don't do more than a level. I ran with 3" lift and 33's for a while and it looks like the tires are just a little too small for the lift. It becomes much more pronounced as your tires wear.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
If you put a level kit in, then every time you put a load in the bed the truck will have a squat.
Meh, level it out and get an airbag kit for the rear. After having mine for a couple months I'll never have another truck without them. $250-500 is well worth the quality of the ride if you consistently carry things in the bed or haul a trailer. Even my 500 pound motorcycle used to make my bed squat. Not anymore.

Talk to Off Road Warehouse. He'll get you set up.

·
Registered
647 Posts
So what did you go with?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a 1.5 inch kit on my 12 and I really like the stance (very slight rake) anymore than that you will not like the way the front end handles under load ( towing/hauling) unless you add the air bags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts