Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I need help! I want to put a small lift on my truck to give it a bigger stance, and a good set of meatier tires, with some nice rims. I know jack about lifts...rims... etc. Any points in the right direction? kits, brands, anything. Its a 2 wheel drive so i want nothing huge(cause thats retarded lol) but ive seen some of yalls trucks and hoooly $H1T.... lets just face it...Titan's look BAD A$$ with a little lift and a good combo of wheels. I want something dependable too. Body lift or suspension?!? if i need to change suspension/steering/alignment or anything i need a good description. thanks for the help... dont fail me now! haha

OH! if you have pics of ur trucks with a good set up PLEASE post them! i love lookin at yalls rigs... i usually drewl in envy:D

·
Registered
709 Posts
The mini lift is what I'm going to be gettin here in a couple months. Which is spacers up front for 2.5" in the front. And 1" blocks in the back. If your handy you can do the install yourself and the whole kit I believe is about $250. It would allow you to put 35's on stock rims, but you will have to trim the pinch weld down some to prevent rubbing up front

Search the site and read through some of the lift threads to decide how big, how much you want to spend, those types of things

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Since you have an '07 2wd, if you want about 2.5" on the front, you can just level it but you'd still have the crappy OEM shocks. So if that's enough lift for you, but want great handling, go for one of the coilovers setups shown in the link.

If you want 4" one of the kits with the CST spindle, but the one "not pictured" still leaves you with the stock shocks and coilovers.
PRG Products

·
Registered
262 Posts
Still learning myself. All good advice from everything I have read & researched. Keep in mind, you can do the 35's with as little as a leveling kit but you have to be cautious of the tire width if you keep the STOCK rims. You push it at 12.5". Getting something slightly narrower helps with rub issues. Nitto makes a Terra Grappler tire in 295/70/18 which is basically 34.5"x11.5" which several recommend for stock wheels and avoiding rub issues.

In regards to the body lift, I've only seen 3" offerings....not sure if that is "too much" for you or not. Pricing for parts seem to be in the $370-$400 range. But after reading through the install instructions and some other threads, it's a royal PITA to self install. For these reasons, you may consider hiring a local offroad shop to do the install. I just started researching these costs, but looks like around $400-$500 is pretty typical. So that puts you in the $900 to $1000 range for a BODY LIFT! Too much $$ IMO, especially when you can get a true 4" spindle SUSPENSION lift for $1000 (parts only). Not sure the install on this yet, I have requested instructions but not received them to review & determine if it's something the "average joe" can install at home. Even if I had to pay $400-$500 to get the spindle lift installed, I'd rather spend $1500 on suspension vs. $1000 on body lift.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
A Leveling Kit or Mini-Lift with some 20x9 rims running 305/55-20 tires looks nice. You could go with slightly bigger rims and/or tires but the price does start jumping and the heavier they are, the more gas you burn through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts