Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am in the market for trading in my 04 CC SE 4wd Titan. Been bickering with dealer over an 07 LE for the past couple days and I am finally irratated enough that no matter what they do I am not purchasing one from them. So I was borred and surfing through the forums and found some threads talking about a particular dealer. Went to their website and low and behold a NEW 422 miles on her 06 CC LE Titan and even the color I wanted. So below is the options that are on it (email response from dealer).

This is a LE with Power Glass Sliding Sun Roof, Floor Mats, Side Air Bag Package, Tow Package VX35 Edition.

This truck Also has the following additional equipment:

Rancho 4” Suspension Lift

20” Boss Motorsports Wheels

35x12.50x20 LT Cooper Discover STT off Road Tires

The Price for this package is $5,995.00

MSRP on this vehicle is $39,525 with the additional equipment makes this truck $45,520.

Your special internet price is $36,494.00 this is a $9,026.00 discount!!!!!!

Seeing that this truck is now a 2 model year old truck I am wondering how much play they have in the numbers. Whats your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seems like a sweet deal, don't know exactly how the truck market is doing over there, but I'd still try to haggle. Woulnd'nt hurt right? Try to get an out the door price too while you're at it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
this is a test vehicle. avoid!!

think of demos like this: flooring a cold engine and transmission a few times a day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
f-16 said:
shop around and do your homework
No kidding

Basically it is hard to research any 06 pricing due to this truck being 2 model years old now. So I ask the forums what they think since many purchased 06's and have a little more idea than I do as to what MSRP and options costs were on a 06. Plus how deeply should a dealer go on a truck that is 2 model years old and still sitting on their lot.

As far as this being a Demo truck I kind of doubt it due to the mileage only being 422 miles. My 04 that I have was a Demo truck and had 3400 when I bought it. Sure 422 miles is a little excessive for driving to and from a shop for a lift and sure they took it for a couple of "test drives". Overall mileage seems reasonable.

Figure I come up with for lift, tires, and rims is about $1000 under what they are charging. Of course got to figure in dealer mark up. I could not find the actual rims and tires online so had to estimate their cost.

Not sure how the rebates would work. I know the rebates are for the 07 Titan. Think dealers get some kind of incentive or kickback money with the rebates. So if rebate does not apply to a 06 model sure they are going to try to get out of that.

Then again this is a new 06 so obviously they have had this on the lot for awhile and may be desperate to sell it. Crossing fingers.
I personally think $36K is too much considering you can get a comparably equipped 07 minus the lift for 33K.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well just pulled the trigger.
Offered $34000 and was a no go. No supprise figured I would give it a try.
Offered $35500 with TTL
They countered with $36000
I said $36000 + TTL and they agreed. WOOOHOOO
Whole process over the phone 5-10 min. Much better than this 2 weeks of going round and round with the other dealerships locally.

So Sunday will start the 5 hour drive down to pick up the new baby. Nothing like a BIG boy christmas present in May.
Enjoy
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/msducky74/album/576460762400453970

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice looking truck are you trading in the 04' if so what did they give you for it ?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I don't think that is that great of a deal. The sticker on my 2006 was $45,000 and with rebate I got it for $37,500. And this is brand new! Go bargain with the dealer, if dealer does not believe you about me tell him to give me his dealership fax number and I will fax him my sticker (what was on the truck) and my invoice.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Ghostface said:
Well just pulled the trigger.
Offered $34000 and was a no go. No supprise figured I would give it a try.
Offered $35500 with TTL
They countered with $36000
I said $36000 + TTL and they agreed. WOOOHOOO
Whole process over the phone 5-10 min. Much better than this 2 weeks of going round and round with the other dealerships locally.

So Sunday will start the 5 hour drive down to pick up the new baby. Nothing like a BIG boy christmas present in May.
Enjoy
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/msducky74/album/576460762400453970
Sounds like a so so deal to me but sounds like its a done deal. I would call back after they start the paper work and tell them 35K out the door or you cant do it. then give them 3 or 4 days to call you back. What did you get for your Other truck? Did you trade it or are you selling it out right? That plays a big part in the deal as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, it's done now. I perfer to build the truck up myself and put the extra savings into aftermarket performance parts. I think $36,600 + TTL is 3-4K too much. Life Goes on!
I bought the 2006 base for 20,900 +TTL then added 22" wheels, 6 inch fabtech, Changed the seat covers to leather, added Level 4 hitch, all the performace mods ect. for under $29,000. But that's the way I roll! CUSTOM.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Currently my 04 Titan is on Craigs list and we shall see what happens. I will be driving it down to the dealership and see what they offer on it. I took off my Tonneau cover and bought some cheap $350 dollar tires to help offset the costs with the trade in. Not holding my breath on a good trade in but if it is reasonable I will do it. So far Craigslist has generated quite a few emails but no phone calls or looky loos after 1.5 weeks.

I was sick of haggeling with dealers. Sure I could have played some hardball with them and wasted a few more days and got down maybe another $750 ish. Figure this was the best weekend for me to get this and really $750 more dollars makes your payment less than $15 more a month. Just not worth my time fighting over it anymore. After 2 weeks of dealing with the local dealership I had them on an 07 same options (minus lift, tires, and rims) was at $33600 with my trade in factored in they bumped it up to 34863 (only giving me 16k on my 04 titan...rip off) so figured for $1200 bucks more I got a $4500 lift and a one year older truck.

Like everything in life there are gonna be people that got much better deals than me and there will be people that got much worse deals than me. I am content with my choice.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
EricCartmann said:
I don't think that is that great of a deal. The sticker on my 2006 was $45,000 and with rebate I got it for $37,500. And this is brand new! Go bargain with the dealer, if dealer does not believe you about me tell him to give me his dealership fax number and I will fax him my sticker (what was on the truck) and my invoice.
I thiink you're confusing MSRP with whatever bull$**** sticker the dealer has thrown on the window.
Nissan did not make a $45k Titan in 06 check out below for an absolute loaded 08 LE Titan with every option available on NNA's website today
{note:I chose short wheelbase to match an 06 model}

$37,250 Base MSRP† Exterior Color
Red Alert
Interior Color

BodyStyle
SWB
${title}
Drivetrain
4x4
${title}
Packages and Options
${formprice} ${title} $900 Sunroof Package $1,200 Side Air Bags Package $450 Tow Package $1,800 Nissan Navigation System $1,450 Mobile Entertainment System $300 Step Rails Accessories
${formprice} ${title} incl Chrome Tailgate Accents $125 Floor Mats $150 Under Seat Storage Bin $280 Utili-track Sliding Bed Extender Nismo
${formprice} ${title} $43,905 Subtotal $735 Destination and Handling $44,640 Total Configured

I personally think he worked himself a pretty good deal on this.
He's got a nice lift with wheels and tires also
What was on your truck for a $45k sticker?
Here is my fax#909-394-2055 I'd love to see your sticker and invoice

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont know where you guys are buying your titans, but I just bought my 07 crew cab SE (I Know, just an SE) for 28000 with tax and license...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought mine at Karmart Nissan in Burlington WA, they wanted 40k + for it. We settled on 39.8 less 3k rebate, brought to 36.8, for a loaded out 07 with everything but step rails.

Next best price was Advantage Nissan in Bremerton WA. They do allot of custom to theirs also before they sell them. Dont forget to the tax credit you will get by trading your 04 Nissan in, you might get 2k more on the open market, but might loose 3k in tax credits, check the math at least, see wheres the best bang for your trade going to be at.

I did see a 06 Majestic blue CC 4x4 LE at Performance Nissan in Everett WA. today with a 8" lift, simulated Bead locked wheels with mud terrains Banks Exhaust custom Grill and de badged with " NO Fear " badges all over the truck. Good looking but didn't get the price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crazypete said:
I bought mine at Karmart Nissan in Burlington WA, they wanted 40k + for it. We settled on 39.8 less 3k rebate, brought to 36.8, for a loaded out 07 with everything but step rails.

Next best price was Advantage Nissan in Bremerton WA. They do allot of custom to theirs also before they sell them. Dont forget to the tax credit you will get by trading your 04 Nissan in, you might get 2k more on the open market, but might loose 3k in tax credits, check the math at least, see wheres the best bang for your trade going to be at.

I did see a 06 Majestic blue CC 4x4 LE at Performance Nissan in Everett WA. today with a 8" lift, simulated Bead locked wheels with mud terrains Banks Exhaust custom Grill and de badged with " NO Fear " badges all over the truck. Good looking but didn't get the price.
Tax Credits? ? Not sure what your talking about there could you please explain?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Nissan Mike said:
I thiink you're confusing MSRP with whatever bull$**** sticker the dealer has thrown on the window.
Nissan did not make a $45k Titan in 06 check out below for an absolute loaded 08 LE Titan with every option available on NNA's website today
{note:I chose short wheelbase to match an 06 model}

$37,250 Base MSRP† Exterior Color
Red Alert
Interior Color

BodyStyle
SWB
${title}
Drivetrain
4x4
${title}
Packages and Options
${formprice} ${title} $900 Sunroof Package $1,200 Side Air Bags Package $450 Tow Package $1,800 Nissan Navigation System $1,450 Mobile Entertainment System $300 Step Rails Accessories
${formprice} ${title} incl Chrome Tailgate Accents $125 Floor Mats $150 Under Seat Storage Bin $280 Utili-track Sliding Bed Extender Nismo
${formprice} ${title} $43,905 Subtotal $735 Destination and Handling $44,640 Total Configured

I personally think he worked himself a pretty good deal on this.
He's got a nice lift with wheels and tires also
What was on your truck for a $45k sticker?

Here is my fax#909-394-2055 I'd love to see your sticker and invoice
I believe you are calling me out :gossip:

My Titan's sticker was just under $44k.

I paid $37,246 for my Titan ($39,246 - $2000 for rebate) BRAND NEW.

I also got the 84 month, 100,000 mile "Platinum warranty" for another $1250.

Read my sig, and look at my pics. I have all the available options you mentioned. With destination charges sticker came to just under $44k.

Here are all the options that came on my truck
- Titan 4x4
- LE package
- Moonroof
- Offroad Package
- Side Airbag Package
- Big Tow Package
- Navigation Package
- Nissan DVD package
- Utilitrack
- Bed Extender
- floor mats
- under seat storage
- Black (this itself is worth $5k to me :frogtongu)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ok wise guy, I will do you one better than faxing... I will post it here for all to see :eyebrow:

Best part about all this is I was a New Hampshire resident at the time and did not have to pay sales tax!!! :bouncy: :thumbsup:

Here is my invoice. As you can see I paid $39,246 before the rebate. $37,246 after the rebate. I also got the Platinum Service plan for only $1250 :eyebrow:

Here is my sticker :gossip:

Here is my service contract showing I got the platinum plan for $1250

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts