Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please dont kill me for this but I need to replace my tires and I kinda want to switch to a lifted look and keep the same wheels that I have. I couldnt find any posts on this subject and I thought about asking for opinions.

I have looked around and there is a tire to suite my needs, I guess it is a 35 or 36.5 something like that. Have any of you guys done this setup? or have you seen it done?

I know many will think this is stupid (lifting with 24's) or that I am out of my mind but Ive seen some lifted trucks on 22's and they look very nice, so I was just thinking about using what I already have...

Please comment and share your opinion!

thanks!

E.

P.s. Posting pics of the current setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
:cheers: nice looking truck man....looking at get my 24's soon. hows the ride with them ???? like how your truck looks like that..why lift it???

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I belive 37s are the smallest tire they make for 24s, but it will definitely look sweet if you decide to lift it.

·
Premium Member
76,514 Posts
it's like the reverse of gravity, whatever has been slammed must be lifted lol

i haven't seen anyone with offroad type tires with 24's, i have seen numerous 22's though.

maybe you can package your wheels/tires/drop as a package or find some one to swap you back to stock, then lift from there... sounds like a pain but may be easier in the long run.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have pics of a black titan with a custom lift on 24's...on my dad's computer :crying: . i think that you will have to step it up to 37's tho, which is not a bad thing just be willing to have plenty of benjamin's in you account. and are you going to keep the wheels that are on your truck cuz u might want a wheel designed more for offroad (just my .02). check out kumho's mt, there designed for bigger rims.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My buddy is running 24 in KMC Hoss wheels with 37x13.5-24 on his f-150 His truck is used in the KMC ad in the new Offroad adventures magazine that 4 wheel parts puts out. Oh yah its got a leveling spacer and thats it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
you're gonna have to do a very big lift to clear them. also i'd upgrade your brakes because of all that unsprung weight.

my stillen upgrade made a big diff. i can tailgate people if i have to. lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
jbaltimore said:
My buddy is running 24 in KMC Hoss wheels with 37x13.5-24 on his f-150 His truck is used in the KMC ad in the new Offroad adventures magazine that 4 wheel parts puts out. Oh yah its got a leveling spacer and thats it.
how could just a leveling kit fit 37's i want to see pics:hungry:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Go to your local 4 wheel parts. The magazine is free. Inside cover. Leveling kit, 37s on 24s and a skid plate. Thats it.Ask leadsled hes seen Kyles truck.

·
Registered
299 Posts
nice I love it.I maybe don't have 24"s but I'm having 22"rims and tires put on this tuesday.:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Nitto 325/60R20 = 35x12.9R 20, and my tire rub some times with a Pro Comp 6" lift. There is no way you can use 37's with a leveling kit!!!!!!!! I don't think you could use 37's on a 6" lift, unless they were really narrow tires!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
J-rod03 said:
I have Nitto 325/60R20 = 35x12.9R 20, and my tire rub some times with a Pro Comp 6" lift. There is no way you can use 37's with a leveling kit!!!!!!!! I don't think you could use 37's on a 6" lift, unless they were really narrow tires!
Every truck is different, and you can clear 37s on some trucks with just a 6" lift, in fact my dad's 79 F150 clears 37s no problem with a 4" lift. But a leveling kit, I'll have to agree I just don't see it unless they did some bumper trimming. I've seen an F150 tuck 35s with the torsion bars cranked all the way, but I just don't see 37s clearing unless they're really really skinny or they did some serious trimming. How bout posting some pics, I wanna see what they had to do to clear em and how wide they are.

·
Registered
405 Posts
"maybe you can package your wheels/tires/drop as a package or find some one to swap you back to stock, then lift from there... sounds like a pain but may be easier in the long run."

Looks like he doesn't have any suspension mods on that truck.

John C.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts