Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been really itching to get back to the track and race some more, so I have been thinking of doing cams...

My question is whether doing cams would be pointless on a lifted truck. Also, how would it react if I paired the cams with 4.10 gears in my truck?

I contacted JWT, and they said it would work great, but I wanted to get members insight...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Thanks, I was thinking this too.

My opinion... it would be BEAST. Fast big a$$ trucks are cool.... especially if they're off-road capable and can tow a boat to boot.

Lifted Titans aren't going to compete w/ cars built for the 1/4 but investing $ to make them faster isn't a waste in my book. Compared to other trucks in the same class, Titans are up there.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was thinking this too.

My opinion... it would be BEAST. Fast big a$$ trucks are cool.... especially if they're off-road capable and can tow a boat to boot.

Lifted Titans aren't going to compete w/ cars built for the 1/4 but investing $ to make them faster isn't a waste in my book. Compared to other trucks in the same class, Titans are up there.
Exactly how I see it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do it!! lol I can't offer any advice but I know I would be a jealous SOB....lmao. I just got my headers installed and am loving the new power....can't imagine how much I would like cams.....

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
I was thinking of asking the same question. What negative affect will cams have on a lifted Titan that still serves as a daily driver? What about occasional towing? I don't want to overmod myself out of a fully capable pick-up.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I don't see anything negative about a lifted truck on 35's running cams. More power to turns those beasts. Warp, if you buy cams you'd be the first 13 second titan on 35's, that's for sure!! That is until 08pro goes to the track again in a good DA with some weight reduction......LOL

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I say go for it man!!! I've wanted cam's for a long time, but i just can't afford it right now. I've got all the supporting mod's that i need pretty much. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like you're name to deerslayer, when you say no cats I am guessing you're exhaust right. Do they restrict you're power. I figured you need them for backpressure, or can you cut them off. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I crawled under my truck for the heck of it I knew I had dual flowmaster but it looks like they left the 4 cats, why is that, it still sounds pretty good don't want it to loud anyway. Is there a need to have all 4 of those.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Cams would be great however, i dont think they make a front diff gear set for titans so the 4:10s cant really happen..

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I think it would be sweet. There is a member down here, I forget his SN, he's usually on MT (he has the "Move Over" sticker on his windshield). I don't think he's as lifted with big rims as you, but from what i was told he has "pretty big ole' wheels" lol...He has the s2/s7 combo and walked all over pinoytitan's 13.8 truck on the highway. However, he got dyno tuned at Relentless, now its slower the a bolt-on Titan=(

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I think it would be sweet. There is a member down here, I forget his SN, he's usually on MT (he has the "Move Over" sticker on his windshield). I don't think he's as lifted with big rims as you, but from what i was told he has "pretty big ole' wheels" lol...He has the s2/s7 combo and walked all over pinoytitan's 13.8 truck on the highway.
That's cool...

However, he got dyno tuned at Relentless, now its slower than a bolt-on Titan=(
... but this isn't. :confused:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Cams would be great however, i dont think they make a front diff gear set for titans so the 4:10s cant really happen..
stupposedly gonna release at the end of this month

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I like you're name to deerslayer, when you say no cats I am guessing you're exhaust right. Do they restrict you're power. I figured you need them for backpressure, or can you cut them off. Thanks
They are restrictive! I gained about .05 with the rears and about .1 or so with the fronts. You can do the rears really easy and gain about 5-10 hp IMO. With just the rears it really doesn't change the exhaust noise level. Now the fronts are a different story. It got a lot louder and gained a tenth in the 1/4:) Search rear cat delete and you'll find out how to do it. It's easy!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since I just rolled 75,000, and have well-over 300+ track passes and who knows how many street runs, I think I should buy a TT first, then do the cams. :bangit: - hopefully going to buy one real soon. May just sell my new subs I rebuilt to pay for most of it :eek:

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Since I just rolled 75,000, and have well-over 300+ track passes and who knows how many street runs, I think I should buy a TT first, then do the cams. :bangit: - hopefully going to buy one real soon. May just sell my new subs I rebuilt to pay for most of it :eek:
I think TT and some DR's or slicks will be the next thing I do too. In the next year or year and a half though. Baby #2 due June 18th:)

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
just my 2cents...if they do end up making gears for the front diff i wouldnt go with 4.11s if its just for racing.. for everyday stuff yes they would be perfect...but your rpms will be to high in 3rd...i think the 4.11s would improve your 60ft and make you a little faster the your stock gear....but 3.73s would put you right on the money for "racing" i had them both and the 3.73s had great top end for a truck...hope that makes sense

1 - 20 of 31 Posts