Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to lift the Titan soon and am going back and forth between the Rough Country 6" and the Procomp Stage 1 6", but that is not what I have a question about, I will be convincing myself about one or the other shortly :teethmast.

I have basic to medium mechanical skills and I have some friends that will help me that have medium to advanced mechanical skills. How hard would it be to install it myself with my friends? And would it be worth it versus taking it somewhere to install it?

·
Registered
533 Posts
DIY all the way man!...

its a truck and your a man................jebus...

wait.......your a guy right.........not like a rainbow foo foo guy though right.....??:confused:

-J

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...Yeah...I'm a dude. I really don't want to give my truck to someone else. I did a lot of work on my CJ but that was easy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
As long as you got a floor jack, jack stands and a solid set of sockets along with a breaker bar you should bet set. Also some wd-40 couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I installed my Pro Comp lift in 2 days with me and a friend. The pro Comp kit is said to be the easiest to install though. Just follow the directions with the kit it was very detailed. Hardest part was the bolts on the calipers Nissan has some really strong lock tite. Also getting the bearings out of the old spindles and into the new spindles if I remember correctly took some extra tools.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
rough country...its taller than the pro comp and cheaper...same quality imo took me bout 8-10 hrs with many beer and pizza breaks...just do it...save up for some saws or rads upfront gets some t bars ur good to go...oh and upgrade ur rear shocks maybe some bilstein 5125...ive had nothing but good with them....same install as the pro comp minus the drop down bracket for the front diff where u have to cut. pro comp uses a little half washer instead...either or but from what i have gathered the rc is a couple inches overall taller front and back than the pc 6er

·
Registered
158 Posts
I installed my Pro Comp lift in 2 days with me and a friend. The pro Comp kit is said to be the easiest to install though. Just follow the directions with the kit it was very detailed. Hardest part was the bolts on the calipers Nissan has some really strong lock tite. Also getting the bearings out of the old spindles and into the new spindles if I remember correctly took some extra tools.
those bolts were no problem for me...one fell out and cut a nice groove in one of my monsters last winter

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I placed an order this morning for the Rough Country 6 inch lift, front Bilstein 5100s, and PRGs Driveline spacer. I plan to pick up Bilstein 5125s for the rear after the first of the year and Deavers and traction bars with my tax refund.

I plan on putting this on by myself since my more mechanically inclined friend wussed out on me and refuses to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts