Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to lift my titan but have no idea where to start i want this truck to look big and bad it wont see much mud due to it being a 2wd. can anyone steer me in the rite direction?

·
Premium Member
58,752 Posts
PM bills1974. He's 2WD and has a procomp 6" lift. It looks great.

·
Registered
620 Posts
How high are you looking to go? Being 2wd gives you tons of options, but I would say check out prg. you cant go wrong with any of their stuff. but a popular choice is the cst 4" spindles with up to a 2.5" spacer on top for 6.5" of lift. you could also go with the cst 7" kit or the 6" procomp kit is also really popular.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want like a 6in but im not sure ive looked an looked at pics and the 6in pro comp looks amazing but it cost a little bit of money lol. i dont really understand all of this "lift lingo" talk thats what im asking help for if yall can just explain what all happens with a lift or is it just as easy to go buy a complete lift kit from say procomp or rough counrty? the rims i will have will be 20in probably wrapped in some type of nitto terra grappler

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
PM bills1974. He's 2WD and has a procomp 6" lift. It looks great.
Thanks man, I actually have the Stage 2 Fabtech... :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
i want like a 6in but im not sure ive looked an looked at pics and the 6in pro comp looks amazing but it cost a little bit of money lol. i dont really understand all of this "lift lingo" talk thats what im asking help for if yall can just explain what all happens with a lift or is it just as easy to go buy a complete lift kit from say procomp or rough counrty? the rims i will have will be 20in probably wrapped in some type of nitto terra grappler
Well if you order the 6" lift kit from whatever company it will come with everything you need to lift it. How are you planning on installing it do it yourself or have a shop do it? if you're going to have a shop do it they can usually get the lift for you at the same price, or you can order it yourself and take it in to have them install it. If you plan on doing it yourself I would highly recommend the cst spindles with a 2" or 2.5" spacer on top with a 3" or 4" rear block. that is the easiest install you will find. Its also probably the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

I'd go with the PRG 8" CST Spindle lift kit ...dont forget the CBDB.
If your in the Houston area myself and a couple of the fellas can install it all for some beer and wings.

·
Registered
202 Posts
To give you an idea here is a pic of my 2WD that has a 4" CST spindle in the front along with PRG RadFlo coilovers set at about 2" which makes roughly a total of 6" of lift in the front. In the rear I have a Deaver C-10 mini leaf spring pack (also from PRG) that gives a 2WD truck about 2.5" of lift (IIRCC). 2.5" was too much for me (wanted the front higher than the rear) so I installed a set of PRG lowering shackles that lowered the rear end back down to about 1.5" of lift. The wheels are 17" and they are rolling on roughly a 34" tall tire. All I can say is that this truck is by far the BEST riding truck I have had EVER. Its plush, smooth and fun to drive. I actually look for rough stuff to go over just to feel the suspension work (especially the rear). Check out PRG's website and then call them (Greg) and ask as many questions as you may have, he is a vast wealth of knowledge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts