Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody at work must have bought a Titan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Looks like his new lil 08 will kick your trucks azz!....lol...J/K. It looks like the grill openings on the 08 are quite a bit smaller than ours.
ha ha... thats funny

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
well, I'm sure having the '08 next to yours will just cause the owner to mod, and mod, and mod some more.... however I believe the only change in that front end was the not-so-good looking upper grill...not liking the look of that thick outer and thin inner chromes...

·
Registered
274 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
well, I'm sure having the '08 next to yours will just cause the owner to mod, and mod, and mod some more.... however I believe the only change in that front end was the not-so-good looking upper grill...not liking the look of that thick outer and thin inner chromes...
What do you guys think of the painted grills on the pro-4xs? I really like mine.:cheers:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
Upper grill, fog light openings, and headlamps are a lil' different (namely the amber turn signal lenses.

As for the painted grill, I prefer the chrome....which is why I'm a bid disappointed that you have to get the monotone PRO4X in order to get the locking rear, skid plates etc. All the things I have on my 04 SE with chrome. Other than that, the PRO4X is an attractive package...if for just the interior trim upgrades.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
just my opinion but it seems they crapped up the looks on the 08s. the older models look more attractive

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
It is. There isn't much of a change at all. Not enough to complain about IMO.
the truck looks smaller compared to an older model. and im not referencing to the pic posted. i compared mine to a new one last month.

·
Registered
274 Posts
albonismo said:
the truck looks smaller compared to an older model. and im not referencing to the pic posted. i compared mine to a new one last month.
That funny because I pulled up to my buddy's 07 CC SE yesterday and he said "wow man, is your truck bigger than mine"? Go figure....

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
the pro 4x is the exception. that model is the only reason i would buy another one.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
albonismo said:
No idea why that would be. They're identical....unless the 08 was a LWB model.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
maybe it was the color or i might be going blind. the 08 looked skinnier to me

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
albonismo said:
maybe it was the color or i might be going blind. the 08 looked skinnier to me
it's that upper grill, I tell ya... it gives you an optical illusion that the front end is thinner, I like the original grill 'cause it makes the front look beefier...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Upper grill, fog light openings, and headlamps are a lil' different (namely the amber turn signal lenses.

As for the painted grill, I prefer the chrome....which is why I'm a bid disappointed that you have to get the monotone PRO4X in order to get the locking rear, skid plates etc. All the things I have on my 04 SE with chrome. Other than that, the PRO4X is an attractive package...if for just the interior trim upgrades.
I am still trying to figure out what is the big whoop with the Pro4X package. I mean - the difference is:
- e locking diff (only good at ultra slow speed in 4Lo)
- a couple of skid plates (wtf?)
- rancho shocks (meh)

I mean, is that it? Those three *options* don't really do much to improve the off road capabilities to me. Detroit TruTrac and some after market shocks and you have a better off road truck (minus the ghey sticker).

·
Registered
274 Posts
theres a few more....

- White Guages
- Two Tone Interior (Very Nice)
- Red Stitching On Seats, Stearing Wheel, Shifter
- Big Tow
- Lower Gear Ratio
- Tow Hooks

True, you can upgrade most of the options from the SE but it is nice to have it all packaged together. The smallest upgrades (the red stitching + white gueages) probably draw the most complements from passengers though (not available as an upgrade on the SE).

My boss has an 07' and was pissed when he saw my white guages. hehe

I guess its all about personal taste. I had to order my Pro-4X in black b/c i like the red / black color scheme. If I wasnt able to get black I probably would have just gone with the SE. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
anmut said:
I am still trying to figure out what is the big whoop with the Pro4X package. I mean - the difference is:
- e locking diff (only good at ultra slow speed in 4Lo)
- a couple of skid plates (wtf?)
- rancho shocks (meh)

I mean, is that it? Those three *options* don't really do much to improve the off road capabilities to me. Detroit TruTrac and some after market shocks and you have a better off road truck (minus the ghey sticker).
you know upgrading and improving your truck's performance is the do it yourself fun part.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.