Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weirdness, same car wash Ive been to a hundred times.
04 Titan original owner 154K 4WD

About a week ago I press my limited slip button to disengage and the dashboard idiot light lit up like it's supposed to but then when I went to turn it back on the lights stayed on then I went to the car wash. So I'm in the wash & the truck is crawling out of the track in Neutral ? ? They stopped the wash and told me to go around again, which I did and 2nd time no issue.

The one thing Ive noticed is at a stop light is feel like the truck is trying to crawl forward and I can get the limited slip idiot light off. Ive tried going in/out from 4wd to 2wd and pushing the button. I think maybe there is a major problem with the limited slip.

I was going to keep this truck forever thats why only 154K but it becoming a money pit fast, between the limited slip repair, and the elusive heater issue Ive been battling I could easily encroach a 1-3K repair bill. I just spent almost 1k getting the all the power steering lines replaced because I never washed the engine compartment and the salt here in MN ate away all the metal, its was rusted thru the lines, and I literally wore out my tail gate, needed entirely new guts. I tried to find a used tail gate and nothing available.

The good news is the engine still runs strong but lots of road wear and dings, some cancer above the rear wheel wells. Might be time to list it, cant decide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) system "slip" light staying on is usually an indication of a fault which is normally a bad wheel sensor or one or both sensors in the master brake cylinder. The truck trying to crawl in neutral would seem to me to be a transmission related issue and not related to the ABLS.

If by crawling forward at a stop light you're referring to having it in gear and you have to push harder and harder on the brake pedal to keep it from moving while waiting at the light, then you most likely have a brake leak which also could cause the slip light to stay on. Doesn't explain it moving on its own in neutral.

I will say though that one time I had my truck on four jack stands completely elevated after doing a transfer case rebuild. I tested the 4 wheel drive and I noticed when I put the transmission in neutral there was still power going to the wheels but after a little bit it stopped. I'm not talking coasting either the wheels were definitely still being turned by the motor after going to neutral. Whether or not their was enough power being delivered to cause it to jump the track at a car wash I do not know.

I would recommend you check the brake fluid levels and look for signs of leaking brake fluid under the truck and around the wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts