Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this truck comes with an auto brake limited slip rear differential or something like that right? Is that only when it is in 4wd or even in 2wd? If it is constant is there any way of turning it off, and if you can turn it off is the differential a limited slip? Its alot of run on questions but im curiouse to know the answers. Basically Can you smoke or even spin the tires on this truck? Power braking doesnt sound possible. Someone help me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Basically Can you smoke or even spin the tires on this truck?

I squealed the tires when I test drove a Titan, put the hammer down and it'll go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Batman229 said:
So this truck comes with an auto brake limited slip rear differential or something like that right? Is that only when it is in 4wd or even in 2wd? If it is constant is there any way of turning it off, and if you can turn it off is the differential a limited slip? Its alot of run on questions but im curiouse to know the answers. Basically Can you smoke or even spin the tires on this truck? Power braking doesnt sound possible. Someone help me out.
I think your running 2 things together here.
Theres an active break limited-slip and an electronic locking rear differential.
The ABLS comes with the offroad pack. and is standard on 4x4s. It applies braking force to the wheel thats losing traction and directs it to the wheel with traction.
The LRD isnt available yet but its part of the offroad package as well.
I read somewhere else that when the LRD is engaged, the ABLS for the rear wheels is deactivated but still continues for the front wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the nissan website shows limited slip as an option for the titan in the camparison section of the website, but is not offered in the build a nissan section?? is that simply a mistake or can you get a straight up limited slip rear on the titan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Batman229 said:
the nissan website shows limited slip as an option for the titan in the camparison section of the website, but is not offered in the build a nissan section?? is that simply a mistake or can you get a straight up limited slip rear on the titan?
no, there is no limitied slip differential available. A locking rear differential will be availabe in the near future i suppose...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
aws316 said:
no, there is no limitied slip differential available. A locking rear differential will be availabe in the near future i suppose...
There is limited slip. That's what the little SLIP light means when you start to slip on one wheel, and then the other wheel turns and you move.

Also, in 4wd today, I got slip working on the snowy roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
dd564 said:
There is limited slip. That's what the little SLIP light means when you start to slip on one wheel, and then the other wheel turns and you move.

Also, in 4wd today, I got slip working on the snowy roads.
notice that i said theres no limited slip differential :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
dd564 said:
There is limited slip. That's what the little SLIP light means when you start to slip on one wheel, and then the other wheel turns and you move.

Also, in 4wd today, I got slip working on the snowy roads.
There is absolutely not a limited slip differential in the Titan. It is a standard open differential in the rear axle. ABLS is not a true limited slip differential, but it does mimic the action of a limited slip differential.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is this a better application then a limited slip? I dont know if the brakes engaging could be benifficial in some sittuations.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top