Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My XE came w/o the factory bediner, so I had Line-X line it today. My previous truck had a poly drop-in liner, and for my purposes, it kinda sucked (too slick for motorcycle tires when loading and unloading). I looked at the factory bedliner on a Utilitrac-equipped SE at the dealer, and I have to say I like the Line-X better, at least for what I need it to do.

$425 plus tax, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Farmer Fred said:
My XE came w/o the factory bediner, so I had Line-X line it today. My previous truck had a poly drop-in liner, and for my purposes, it kinda sucked (too slick for motorcycle tires when loading and unloading). I looked at the factory bedliner on a Utilitrac-equipped SE at the dealer, and I have to say I like the Line-X better, at least for what I need it to do.

$425 plus tax, though.
I had a Line-X sprayed in at the weekend. Very happy with the appearance and a very neat job, in my opinion it looks better than Rhino and Ultimate. Cost me $426 including tax and the optional UV top coat. I did have a $20 voucher from the local line-x dealer though.

These guys did mine in Austin, TX.

http://www.line-xofaustin.com

Willsy
( Must get around to updating my sig. )

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
hey guys!!! the factory bedliner that comes included on titans with that package is sprayed on by LINE-X. obviously not as thick though, as if you were to get it done elsewhere as aftermarket.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Prometheus said:
hey guys!!! the factory bedliner that comes included on titans with that package is sprayed on by LINE-X. obviously not as thick though, as if you were to get it done elsewhere as aftermarket.

I'm probably going with line-x as well...since my truck didn't come with the uitilitrack rails, i'm going to just buy them and have them installed after i get the liner sprayed. The service guy at the dealership said they could do it (though i was the first to ask about such a thing). of course if he was just bs-ing me i'll be mad :crying:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Prometheus said:
No spray in bedliner on us XE cheapskates! And for the 5 or 6 SE buyers that didn't have the utility bed included.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Prometheus said:
I'm a LINE-X dealer and I can assure you that LINE-X does not spray in the factory Titan bedliner. BTW, I have repaired Titan factory bedliners for Nissan dealers.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
skroob said:
I'm probably going with line-x as well...since my truck didn't come with the uitilitrack rails, i'm going to just buy them and have them installed after i get the liner sprayed. The service guy at the dealership said they could do it (though i was the first to ask about such a thing). of course if he was just bs-ing me i'll be mad :crying:
Good idea, hope they can.

·
Registered
495 Posts
skroob said:
since my truck didn't come with the uitilitrack rails, i'm going to just buy them and have them installed after i get the liner sprayed. The service guy at the dealership said they could do it (though i was the first to ask about such a thing). of course if he was just bs-ing me i'll be mad :crying:
May be they have some tricks to do it. I asked 2 dealers and both said tilitrack has to be done at factory because (as I understood) the mounting areas have to be re-enforced from behind. But please post what you find out.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
The mounting points for the utilitrack indeed are re-enforced from behind. They look a lot like welded in nuts accross the backside. (Can see them behind the cab area on the front part of the bed)

Chris

·
Registered
93 Posts
Utilitrack Bed Different

Without restating alot. The utilitrack bed and non-utilitrack beds ARE different. According to Nissan literature and phonecalls I have placed to Nissan directly, the utilitrack bed in re-inforced int 22 different places (some of this weight is reflected in the specs for the different vehicles). Nissan claim without the reinforcement the sides could bend inwards. I suppose that depends on the kinds of loads you are strapping in. There are several utilitrack like products though if you intrested.

I addressed some of these issue in another thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=9976

You might want to like through it.

I'm waiting for my truck to arrive in June. .... can't wait! :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts