Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well a while back I bought an air/fuel gauge and half-*** read instruction like a huge idiot. Spliced into the wires that connect to the sensor that goes into the intake. Well that didnt work so I reconnected the wires right there and went underneath and spliced into the right wires. Well since then, everyonce and a while my chk engine lite comes on, its the 02 sensors. pretty much all of them, like its going crazy or something. Changed 2 of the sensors. They never really looked bad but changed them anyways. Never hooked the gauge back up. Still everyonce and a while my lite comes on and chiper tells me its the sensors still. Would the first splice I messed with by the intake be causing the sensors to go screwy on me? Should I replace the sensor and those wires? Im tired of my sensors always goin off and want to get it fixed soon.sry its long also

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The wires for the sensor right by the filter box? That is the mass air flow sensor, did you splice or cut the wires? If you did not seal them back air tight they will get moisture in them and throw off the voltage to the MAF and get some weird reading that will throw all sorts of codes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the one your talking about is right. I did cut them but I crimped them back and put the plastic cover back over and electric taped about 6" around it on the plastic cover to re seal it. Still thru more codes. Would it harm it with it how it is or should I get it fixed?
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I would think that would have worked. My body has an old hardbody the MAF went bad one. He got a brand new one cheap from a friend but it was different year so didnt fit the wire harness. So we soldered the new one on and have had no problems since then. So i dont see that crimping the wires together if done properly (good connection) would throw codes like that.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
i would have the voltage at the MAF checked. Any voltage drop will cause the MAF not to send the correct info back to the ECU.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for yallz input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts