Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a mechanical fix that didnt cost $300 or more. My local shop fixed a steering problem for $91.00, parts and labor. The high pressure power steering return line had a pin hole in it and was causing all kinds of steering problems. Mechanic said that salt and debris were the cause. Could just imagine what the stealership would have hit me up for. Might even have enough money left over to tackle the cracked manifold.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yikes! $91 just to replace a hose and top off the power steering resevoir? You could've done it yourself for much less. The cracked manifold is going to get pricey because you'll have to replace it with another stock manifold or go to an aftermarket header. You can have it welded it up I guess, but why do that when it might crack again in a different place. Also, the other side might be on the verge of cracking too. If/when mine crack, I'm just going to get a pair of DT or Nismo CARB approved shorties and just be done with it. The performance gain alone is worth it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you put it that way I can see what you mean. I picked the truck up last night after hours so I am not sure exactly what they did. But the fact that we had a foot of snow yesterday and I didnt want to lay in that sh*t in the driveway made the fix well worth it. I am all about better performance but I am not really sure why I need better steering performance?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts