Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming someone might have traded their Titan for a Tundra. The dealership must be trying to show off that fact cause thet have it parked right out by the street up on one of those car stages for sale. Its right next to where I am working so I see the Tundra's driving by everyday. I still don't like the looks but I would like to drive one at least.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
You really need to post some pics!! That's funny!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Most dealerships that put vehicles out front, put them out there for a reason. They are to grab the attention of the people passing by and get them to come in. Whether it is to sell a nice vehicle or to show off the differences, there is a reason behind it.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It could be the old ploy dealers use. Park a competitiors late model vehicle out front where everyone can see it..it gives ppl the impression that owners of that truck are trading them in on whatever the competiting dealer is selling. At one time, dealers would go to auto auctions and buy a lease return or a repo..put it on their front line and not care whether it sold or not.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The ford dealership in town where I live has 3 chebbys parked out front. IF you are heading south through town, those are the first three trucks you see. I thought it was rather funny.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
It could be the old ploy dealers use. Park a competitiors late model vehicle out front where everyone can see it..it gives ppl the impression that owners of that truck are trading them in on whatever the competiting dealer is selling. At one time, dealers would go to auto auctions and buy a lease return or a repo..put it on their front line and not care whether it sold or not.
Yeah, that is pretty typical. Getting some low mileage competitive models from auto auction, it helps keep the customer on the lot. Rather than allow the buyer to head over to another dealership to test drive a competitive model, they can offer a test drive of the competitive model without having to leave the dealership. One stop shopping allows the dealer to work with the customer and overcome any objections.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
Yeah, that is pretty typical. Getting some low mileage competitive models from auto auction, it helps keep the customer on the lot. Rather than allow the buyer to head over to another dealership to test drive a competitive model, they can offer a test drive of the competitive model without having to leave the dealership. One stop shopping allows the dealer to work with the customer and overcome any objections.
Good points..and you can bet your bottom dollar those used trucks have had a little "tweaking" so they won't perform as well as the new trucks the dealer is selling.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I know my Yoda dealership has a boat load of F-150's out front where everyone can see them. If you didn't know better you would think it was a ford dealership. I don't blame those Ford owners I would've done the same if I was an Ford owner.Those Fords are nice looking but their drivetrain is [email protected]

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
The conversation with a salesman and customer that wants the TITAN might go like this:

Sales: So your interested in the 06 TITAN.

Customer:Yes, I heard good things about them, and I like the trim of this one.

Sales: Have you ever considered a new TUNDRA?

Customer: Yeah, but I think the TITAN is more of a truck for me, the TUNDRA just seems too commercialized and too hyped for it acctually is.

Sales: Well the reason why the TITAN is here is cause someone traded it in for the TUNDRA.

Customer: Yeah, and I'm willing to buy the TITAN.

Sales: But the TUNDRA is better. The TITAN has alot of problems...errr..uhhh.....but they solved them all in 06 and this is an 06 model!

Customer: I'll think about it and no...I don't want your card.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know its all a sales thing but its just makes me laugh every time I drive by and see it sitting there. I should stop there and ask about it just to see what the salesmen say.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
titanmike said:
I know its all a sales thing but its just makes me laugh every time I drive by and see it sitting there. I should stop there and ask about it just to see what the salesmen say.
He wouldn't know what to say.:jester:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Tundras must be selling well, they've only been out two months and I am seeing at least three a day, I usually only see that many Titans a day and its been out three years.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing the sales figures to date for the Tundra. I talked to ARB the other day about lockers and stuff for our Titan. They were due out this summer or Fall but ours and a lot of other stuff got pushed back at least 3-6 months due to the introduction of the Tundra.

I wondered out loud why as I figured in their first year of production they wouldn't sell that many. He replied that ARB corporate in Australia expects Toyota to sell 250,000 units in the U.S.

All the aftermarket manufacturers seem to have dropped everything they were doing to focus on products for the Tundra. I saw one lifted the other day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts