Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple. Where is the vechile speed sensor located? I just picked i up from the dealer. I am talking about the one on or in the tranny not the wheel sensors.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"We fired up the truck and backed it out of the shop. After driving up and down the street, we realized we had a problem. The speedometer did not work. Due to this problem, the motor would go into a limp mode after driving a small distance. It would stay running, but would lose all power. It would take a few seconds to kick back in. We were prepared to see the anti-lock brake light, and the 4x4 light, but not this. While taking out the original axles, we did notice that there were 4 separate speed sensors; one at each wheel. We also noticed that there was a speed sensor in the tail shaft of the transmission. At that time, we did some research on the internet. We also talked to a few Nissan techs. Everyone came to the same conclusion. The wheel sensors were supposed to be for the brakes and the tail shaft sensor was supposed to be for the speedometer. I guess we concluded wrong. With such new technology, nobody really knew how it worked."

2004 Nissan Titan | WFO Projects | WFOConcepts.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Location of TPMS on 2006 Titan??

Where is the TPMS located on 2006 Titan? We just purchased a used truck and the TPMS light won't go off even though tire pressure has been checked on all 4 tires.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
You should've done a search or started your own thread for this. Your tpms sensors are behind the valve stem inside the wheel. I'm guessing the battery has died in one or more, but you can try to search for "tpms reset procedures".....I don't have time to find it for you.
For anyone that cares or doesn't already know, the VSS is inside the tail housing of the transmission near the parking pawl.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Rally Titan

This is the revolution sensor and should be what gives the computer the signal for speed

Chris

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Rally Titan

This is the revolution sensor and should be what gives the computer the signal for speed

Chris
The turbine revolution sensor is in blue, vehicle speed sensor in green.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
The turbine revolution sensor is in blue, vehicle speed sensor in green.
Blue is actually the parking rod.. not a sensor. Just so we do not have any more confusion...

Chris

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Oh yeah.....but the green one is the vss, not the revolution sensor.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Oh yeah.....but the green one is the vss, not the revolution sensor.
Welcome to Nissan they call it a revolution sensor lol

From the company that has a color called: Bitter Chocorat

Chris

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Welcome to Nissan they call it a revolution sensor lol

From the company that has a color called: Bitter Chocorat

Chris
That figures. I wonder how many people have confused the vehicle speed sensor with the turbine revolution sensor? :eek_surprise:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts