Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all-

As I recently dumped my Silverado Z71 for a Titan, I have also discovered this great community going on here.

I’ve had my Titan for a little over a week now, so far I have done the remote tailgate lock/unlock mod found here (so easy thanks to the detailed instructions) & was able to make a good decision on the remote start install thanks to the input here also.

Although I haven’t found to many things I don’t like about the new truck, there is one that seems to bother me the most. I have searched the forums here and didn’t really find anything in relation, so I’ll ask the question:

Is there a way to use a alarm siren (using the factory security system) to hear a “chirp” rather than the horn honk?

With remote start and using the factory keyfob ‘lock’ button as the activator (I have used both settings 2 and 3) with the horn off and just the lights flashing, I tend to hit the button several times when walking away from the truck. Yeah, I know, turn around and look to make sure the lights flash right? Easier said than done to someone that is use to having an alarm and hearing the chirp. Not looking back and hitting the button, I normally hear the truck starting rather than a confirmation that the doors are locked.

Ultimately, I don’t care to hear a horn honk and was wondering if there is a way to direct that output pulse from the factory alarm to an alarm siren instead? Any ideas or thoughts?

Cheers,
Mike

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Well the factory system does not flash the parking lights, it flash the turn signal lights when LOCK button is hit (if you chose this mode over horn sounding). I think with a couple of relays you could hook up an after maket siren. One relay is use to chirp the horn when LOCK (relay is thrown when turn signal flash) the other relay is use to cut that system off when key is in the ign or truck is running (or else the horn would chirp everytime turn signal is use).

·
Registered
356 Posts
I turned mine off when I got it in 2004, I don't remember how but it is in the manual. Removes the horn honk, and all you hear is a click when the doors lock. Lights flash when you lock it, but don't flash when you un-lock. Check your manual, I'm sure it is in there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
if you hold both lock and unlock buttons down on keyfob you can switch back and forth from silent locking to hearing the horn beep when doors are locked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yeah, you’re right, it’s in the manual. Thanks, BUT, I already knew that!

Yes, the horn can be turned off and yes the lights can flash on both lock and unlock if I so choose.

I don’t want to get this thread going in the wrong direction, my question was “is there a way to direct that output pulse from the factory alarm to an alarm siren instead of the horn?”

Baseballfanz, thanks for the reply, that is definitely one option…

Cheers,
Mike

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Reading th service manual, look like when the keyless receiver get the right signal, it send a signal out to the IPDM E/R which in turn send a signal to the horn chirp relay. If you can fin that relay you can make it work IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
reviving a week old thread, but did you ever look into KPtechnologies "beep" module. Have it on my truck. makes a toyota/lexus beep when arming and t beeps when disarming. just a thought. I also have the window rollup module as well.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
I recall reading that there is a seperate horn for the alarm. I know there are two horns, one used for telling people WTF the other for the alarm. I bet there is a easy way to do this chirp thing you wanted.

At the bottom of this page there is a section called similar threads. The 4th one down talks about this issue, not really any concrete answers but one good suggestion.

It's funny reading cuz it's the same boat your in, people read the manual off to you even thou you already did that :upsidedow

here's the link as well

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/13486-door-lock-unlock-chirp-ideas-wanted.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
had my Titan for a little over a week now, so far I have done the remote tailgate lock/unlock mod found here

Did some searching and can't locate these instructions any help...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 04 Titan and whenever I lock it only the lights flash and there is no beep. I was wondering if this is normal or is there a way I can get it too beep when I lock it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts