Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we lock our trucks without turning on the alarm? Reason is that I carry a couple of dogs in my bed and with their running back and forth it sets off the alarm. I don't want to turn the alarm off completely - just not use it sometimes.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I hear benedryl works :upsidedow

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I can't be 100% certain, but if you lock with the fob, it sets the alarm. If you lock it with the key in the door, possibly no alarm. Not quite sure on that though....And I'm sans manual at the moment....

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blackbeauty said:
I can't be 100% certain, but if you lock with the fob, it sets the alarm. If you lock it with the key in the door, possibly no alarm. Not quite sure on that though....And I'm sans manual at the moment....
Ah yes - or maybe with just the auto lock on the inside of the door. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Factory alarm only works when a door is opened so I am not following how the dogs trigger it.

Clint

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Clint said:
Factory alarm only works when a door is opened so I am not following how the dogs trigger it.

Clint
Exactly, we don't have a motion sensor fromthe factory!!! :huh:

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
Clint said:

Clint
I was wondering that myself.

·
Super Moderator
162,287 Posts
I've had my dogs lock me out before, but never actually get the door opened. :lol:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
There's no way to lock the truck w/o arming the alarm. But unless your dogs are actually opening a door, they can't trigger the alarm since there is no motion sensor.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe they banged against the tailgate? I swear it happened.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bad Dogs......................

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right where your inside door handle is located just push on the lock latch all other doors must already be locked first and alarm should not arm at least my viper alarm doesnt arm like that.I do this all the time. And its set up w/factory nissan remotes to arm and disarm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts