Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used 04 Titan Le today and brought it home and tried to open the lockbox with the key but the key didn't fit. Why would this be? Does it require a seperate key? Haven't talked to the dealer yet they are closed till monday.

·
Super Moderator
93,889 Posts
The ignition was probably re-keyed at some point and they didn't do the lock box.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Did the key even fit into the lock? If not you're probably using the valet key like mentioned. While they are both cut the same, the valet key is thicker which does not allow it to fit into the lock box or the center console. I don't have a lock on my glove box though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
70DATSUN said:
It doesn't. There should be two ignition keys and one valet key.
That explains why my 3rd (valet?) key doesn't work in my lock box... I didn't know it was a valet key... silly me. The two ignition keys have a chrome Nissan logo while the valet is all black.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
My glovebox doesn`t have a lock......

·
Registered
29 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Holy crap!...LMAO.....I just looked. My glovebox doesn't have a lock either!...lol..what an azz! Shows you how often I look at it.
Just think of all the things that have been stolen from it!!! gasp!

I've got no lock on glove box either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.