Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a 4x4 crew cab Titain L/E is there a kit for a electronic locking differential the vehicle didnot come with it and what is the price,Thanks Tom

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Perhaps post this in the Drivetrain forum, as it really isn't a suspension question.

·
Registered
740 Posts
TJFtitan04 said:
Just purchased a 4x4 crew cab Titain L/E is there a kit for a electronic locking differential the vehicle didnot come with it and what is the price,Thanks Tom
do a search. there are many threads dealing with this issue. BUt to answer your question - I think - it was said that no aftermarket e-lockers are available as of yet. There is also no gaurantee there will be but that doesn't mean there won't. The e-locker go installed in the first titan yesterday or the day before. That is why you didn't get it.
:cheers:

·
Registered
795 Posts
po man's posi

another approach is to use one airbag on the pass side rear pumped to about 15 pounds. that will compensate for the engine torque driver's side lift and while not a full posi, it will give you better traction with both wheels especially on take off. looks like there is a good place for it by taking off the bump stop and putting in the air bag in that position.

the ultimate the "lincoln locker." weld the spider gears down with a lincoln arc welder - acutally only good for circle track:>).

juma

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is a Dana 44, ARB has had kits out for decades. Just call up currie enterprises if you want to add something aftermarket

·
Registered
486 Posts
The price of the unit itself won't be that bad, but the installation will probably do substantial damage to your wallet. If you're planning on lifting it and putting bigger tires on, and in turn, regearing your rig, I'd say do that all at the same time.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
BossHogg said:
It is a Dana 44, ARB has had kits out for decades. Just call up currie enterprises if you want to add something aftermarket
It's not an actual D44, justs based off of it. I would bet any aftermarket diffs for the D44 would not fit the Titan's pumpkin.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is a Dana 44 pumpkin, call up ARB, and talk to them about it. It has larger bearings, and less splines for strength, but it is a Dana 44. Nothing cosmic. "Based off of it?" Lol Or call up detroit locker's, they are the ones that made the electric locker for it.

My first call, personally, would be to Currie Enterprises, though. If you are going to modify the factory setup in anyway, they can tell you a laundry list of other heavy duty parts you may want to do when you have it open.

Count on about 1000-1200 for parts and install, less about 300 if you are keeping your factory gears. Just remember, if you go up in ring gear count, you will be weakening your axle.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
You might be right, but they have given it a different model number than D44, and other's couldn't match the cover, so I was making an educated guess that the actual diff wouldn't be the same. I stand corrected. If that is the case, I'd look into the Detroit e-locker over the ARB. I'm not a fan of air lines and adding a pump, plus the elocker has a LSD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts