Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some new personalized plates and am looking for a good locking cover/frame. these plates are a new design and are going to be very rare for a while (1 of 10-20 in the state) so i dont want to get them jacked.

anybody have some suggestions? i spied the ones at www.mats.com but not sure if they will lock. once i get them mounted, i will post a pic for those who give a rats a$$.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just Use Some Non-reversible Screws So No One Can Unscrew It.

How About A Pic Of This Personalized Plate?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bought one from here in black....now i just need to make a front plate mount.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Security Screws available at Car parts store, Allen key with stud in the middle. Cost 4 bucks.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after a trip to the hardware and auto stores, i made my own front license bracket. i used 1/16" thick 1" aluminum angle and drilled some holes in my bumper in the lower grille area. i then used the aforementioned security screws to not only secure the license plate but also the bracket that i fabbed up. makes it really secure. when my new cover gets here, i will put that in place. i already had a couple of those security screws that i used on the back plate. however, on the front, i wanted a cover to keep my plates looking new as well as protected. here are a few pics that i took of the install. btw, i know the front of my truck has a few bugs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good. Now tell me this; in Missouri do you have to have registration stickers on the front plate as well as the rear? Or did you just do that for the photo? Not trying to be a smart aleck, just curious.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SwiftArrow said:
Looks good. Now tell me this; in Missouri do you have to have registration stickers on the front plate as well as the rear? Or did you just do that for the photo? Not trying to be a smart aleck, just curious.
you gotta have them on all plates. thanks for the compliment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts