Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal... My brother owns one of the fastest growing fab shops in mesa and im trying to get him to build a Long Travel system. To keep the cost down it would be a boxed style upper and lower control arms. Powder coated your choice of color to match your truck or style.... The upper arm would just be nice and smooth and the bottom arm would have of coarse your shock tabs and also a limit strap tab... We would use heim joints to conect the arm to the spindle but most likely bushings to conect the arms to the frame(keep Cost Down). We have built alot of suspension products in the past and i think if we could start doing Titan long travel kits for a good price it would take our trucks to a completely different level..... You can see our latest invention on (www.youtube.com) Under R1 Rhino..... That is a full Bolt In conversion Kit.... Let me know what you guys think about this long travel idea?????? And how many of you guys are up for this....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Since you have an 8" CST, that says your Titan's a 2wd. So, if you want to sell long travel kits, you should loose the lift and use you Titan for R&D and Q&R testing, and once you have a product that is truly ready for production ... prove your kits are worthwhile by jumping your Titan many times over several weeks on video. Or invite a few respected Socal and AZ desert guys to have at it ... with your truck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im down for this.. The shop is Dark Side Fabrications, Inc. I would like to get started on this kit this week... We are thinkin about doing +6 arms and just having it set up where your able to run a coil over and by-pass. Also limit straps.... Would anyone be intrested in this kit if i post videos and show what it could do...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ill film it for you, Id like to see a long travel titan bangin through the whoops! Sycamore is only 20 minutes from my driveway. Where is your shop located?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3918 E. Main St. 85205 Were located on main between greenfeild and val vista. You should stop by check us out. I would really like to get our trucks on the prerunner scene. And i think we could do it...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
thats cool post some pictures and video.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would be interested, if it’s an upgrade from the CST LT kit I have now. But only if it comes with a spindle uniball and double shear steering.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is the cst L.T. Kit if herd alot of bad and not so much good on that kit Thats why i havent gone L.T. Cause i dont want to spend that much money if im not going to be happy... We have everything to build a L.T. kit so i think thats what im going to do next...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Don’t know who you talked to, but mine works great. Never had a problem with it. Only thing I changed was the urethane bushing to Delrin on the lower arm. The kit works well, I hit the whooped out section in Dumont Dunes at 65/70 MPH and didn’t know it was there… same thing in Glamis till the rear blow out lol. The only thing I don’t like is the tall spindle; it’s a little tall for my taste and would like a lower ride height.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok its going through im selling my CST 8' kit and building a long travel. Most likely its gonna be a 6 inch wider kit. With uni Balls on the upper and lower controll arms and bushing on the lower controll arm, Then Heims on the upper so you are able to adjust the camburg/caster... With this kit your able to still use your factory coil bucket ( YAY ) !!!!!!!!!!! no cutting the frame up... And i would like to run King Coils and By-Passes Also Limit straps.... Then to top it off im going to get the arms powder coated silver to match my truck!!!!!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
keep us posted as the project goes. Im sure if the kit is reliable and not so expensive, people would buy it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the back of it i would like to 4-link it. With 2.5 coil overs and by-pass... it should ride pretty nice. But im looking to start the front this week/next week... I ordered all of my shocks I ordered 2.5 coil overs and 2.0 by-pass. And air bumps, Limit straps... So im hoping to tear it down soon... and im shooting for a 90' wide track but we will see...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya a couple and i ordered 2.5 c/o's and 2.5 by-pass not 2.0 sorry... We have done a bunch of 4 links and long travels so this should be no problem its going to be all crom. boxed arms that we are drawing up on our CNC plasma. then they will be all tigged. I dont see why we would have a problem???? In less you know something i dont..

·
Banned
324 Posts
bro this threads a joke. clearly this guy has never built any trucks. you're too late with the budget kit man, greg has you beat, i can almost guarantee his midtravel kit is cheaper than anything you can come up with and will perform 10x better. as far as there not being any lt kits on the market, we probably have one of the largest varieties for such a new truck, compared to lets say the new f-150's, colorados, tacomas, etc. take your pick man: burg, cst, ncd...

i'm not trying to stir anything up, which i know i probably have, i just gotta call it how i see it man. you sound so confident in your 4-link design, but for some reason i keep getting this feeling that you really have no idea wtf your talking about. honestly what shop goes around saying " yeah we've done a bunch of long travels and 4links," that really comforts me in dropping my titan off. i mean you totally contradicted yourself in your first post saying you wanted to keep costs down by using all boxed arms?? i dunno bro, if you were really trying to help your brother out, i would just keep your mouth shut untill you have pictures to prove me wrong.

·
Banned
324 Posts
cst silver said:
Ok heres the story. I was on my way back from the dunes this past weekend.. I have a 05 silver 4-door, Cst 8' on 35'. With a intake and exhaust also the timming advance. With a full truck of people, A 20ft trailer, With 3 dirt bikes a rhino and all of are other carp.. SO dack to the story.. On was on high way 8 driving around 70-75mph and i passed a dodge hemi white single cab short bed towing a little sand car. so i passed this guy not thinking of anything then i look in my mirror and he is haulin and then passes me so he slows down and i catch up to him and he keeps trying to race me... I usually dont race pullin a trailer... But what the hell good chance to kill a hemi. So we both floored it doing about 65 mph and i pulled on him i let off the gas around 90mph and got about 3-4 truck lenghts on him.. YaY!!! so i slowed back down to like 70mph... then cause he was all but hurt he flew buy me at least doign 95mph and flipped me off... So i laughed what i dont care but about 2 miles down the high way he has a blown trailer tire hahahah idiot. You shouldnt drive that fast towing...

i wouldn't drop off any of my shiit at any shop that your affiliated with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im new on the site and this is my first time writing...

you seem like your second guessing your self. i would'nt recomend bilding this kit unless your shere you have the fab skils. i just finished my titan, its 4 in over and im alredy pushin a 93 in track width. i wound up useing the stock spindle due to a lack in money. but i was still able to pull 15 inches at the at the rotor face... im not sher where every one else is pulling there mesherments from but there full of it when there claming any more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im not exacty shere how to use this site. but we do have some pics on myspace. i just checked the width again, it measured out to just under 93 no spacer for caliper just micky t's with 35x12.50. as for the travle, you could pull more...but not with the stock spindle or the stock upper arm mounts. i butched the upper arm mounts and made new. but the spindles so tall it hits the fender well long befor the tire, and as for down travle the tie rod hiem bindes... so if you were to make a new spindle that is shorter to get the up travle, and has a different angle on the tie rod mount to get the down, i would say it would be posible to pull around 20, but i would think you uould have to cut the fender well out as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
also im not sure what the stock width is either, but if it were 83 then 4 inch's over on each side would put it at 91 inch's that leaves 2 inch's for the larger tires.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts