Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here waited the longest for their Titan to be delivered? Did anyone have a promised date of delivery and not get it. My order went in March 5th and they said the way it looks, I should have my Titan between May 4-10th. They also said they cant be sure, it's still too early to tell. The reason I'm so worried about it is I go on vacation May28-June4th. I'll be leaving the night of the 27th to go to Outter Banks NC. It sure would be nice to have it to take down with me. The drive from Baltimore MD to NC would also be a great "break in" for the truck. Needless to say I've been pestering the hell outta my dealer to get it soon enough. Will they call when they have a delivery date? They said they would call when the order was placed and confirmed and I had to call them to get that confirmation. So are they supposed to call to let me know when it will be here? :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm in the same boat.

The salesman said he'd call when the order was confirmed. He didn't, but I DID. :)

My order was on the same day as yours. The salesman said the next step is getting the est. delivery date and VIN, which should be about early/mid-April. I have a reminder in my calendar to call about April 8th (one month from order) to check on status. I think that any earlier than that would be pestering them since the dealer can't do much. It's really the factory that sets the build/delivery date.

But I'll call on 4/8 and once a week thereafter until I get an estimated del. date. Then probably a week before the est. del date to check on status. From what I've been hearing, those del. dates seem reasonable.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone was able to check on build/del. status directly from the factory???? Sometimes it's nice to get info. directly from the source...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey guys, same boat over here too. Mine was ordered on 3/2. Same thing, the dealer said he would confirm, but didn't. I called him 2 days ago and he confirmed and looked it up on the computer. The date that came back was 5/04. Meaning that they only narrowed down to the Month of May. he said in about a month I would get a VIN# and firm delivery date.

April 8th sounds about right to me. I'll pester (I mean call) my dealer then too to follow up.
Keep me posted on your results too. Talk to you on the 9th! LOL

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I got the confirmation, I actually asked the salesman to fax it to me. That way I could verify it was ordered correctly. Call me paranoid, but the last thing I want is to get a truck with the wrong equipment. NY and 1BAD, I would suggest it, couldn't hurt, right? The confirmation contained the colors, packages, invoice and MSRP, production month and order #.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Put that out of your mind, or you'll go crazy :huh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
ETA Today

I ordered mine January 7th and the Nissan system says that it was due to be delivered today. Spoke to the dealer a couple hours ago and it had not arrived yet. The information on this site regarding the order process has been consistent. Seems to be taking 8 to 10 weeks from the date that your dealer actually places the order with Nissan (first week of each month).

I also had the dealer fax me the confirmation sheet from the Nissan System a few times now while waiting to ensure the status was changing and progress was being made. The ETA actually got moved up one week along the way. Getting very anxious now that the date has finally arrived.

Can anyone out there provide any feedback as to the accuracy of the ETA that the Nissan system gives you? Just curious if I should be expecting the truck today or is it a give or take a week thing? Thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
waitingfortitan said:
I ordered mine January 7th and the Nissan system says that it was due to be delivered today. Spoke to the dealer a couple hours ago and it had not arrived yet. The information on this site regarding the order process has been consistent. Seems to be taking 8 to 10 weeks from the date that your dealer actually places the order with Nissan (first week of each month).

I also had the dealer fax me the confirmation sheet from the Nissan System a few times now while waiting to ensure the status was changing and progress was being made. The ETA actually got moved up one week along the way. Getting very anxious now that the date has finally arrived.

Can anyone out there provide any feedback as to the accuracy of the ETA that the Nissan system gives you? Just curious if I should be expecting the truck today or is it a give or take a week thing? Thanks!
Is the truck showing up on nissan's website in your dealer's inventory yet? Mine appeared yesterday morning at about 9am. It's due today to be delivered, but I haven't heard anything yet... and I've been watching for the pot to boil for about 3 weeks so it feels like forever...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is there any way to check directly with Nissan (factory) on delivery, etc?

·
Registered
42 Posts
bvstone1,

Yes - same thing it appeared on their website yesterday.

Just got a call from the dealer about a half hour ago and he said it is here. They are open until 9:00 tonight so I am going to try and get up there to pick it up if they can get it ready. I now what you are talking about regarding the wait!

bvstone1 said:
Is the truck showing up on nissan's website in your dealer's inventory yet? Mine appeared yesterday morning at about 9am. It's due today to be delivered, but I haven't heard anything yet... and I've been watching for the pot to boil for about 3 weeks so it feels like forever...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Almost 4 months!

I ordered near the end of Nov a SE CC 4x4. Dealer put the prder in first week of Dec and told me Feb delivery. Never showed up and it took them 2 weeks to find out why - Supposedly damaged in assembly.

They found me another one that was the same but had different color interior but said it was already made and was ready for shipping. I said yes and they gave me the serial # - It never showed in the 7-10 days it was supposed to take. They still haven't found that one!

Beginning of Mar my dealer argued with Nissan Canada and got them to assign me a CC LE 4x4 that was being produced for the Canadian HQ in the Mar production Run. They went for the LE because there was no SE that was my colour that was scheduled for march production. I also told them I wouldn't accept a dealer trade (there are hardly any SE CC 4x4 in Canada anyway) because I wanted one with no test miles. Nissan Canada is footing the $1600 upgrade bill.

So far, no VIN # but we are expecting a late march to mid april delivery. IT BETTER SHOW UP!

As an aside, my dealer recieved the exact truck I originally ordered except in smoke and asked me if I wanted it - I laughed - I will only take the LE now.

IT BeTTER SHOW UP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts