Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Superchips Cortex hooked up with my T. Got me thinking, how long have yosome of you guys had Superchips Cortex hooked up to yours? And any proven issues related to Superchips.

·
Registered
567 Posts
A bunch of people are skeptical with chips and tranny issues but I ran a bully dog for about 10k miles and never had any issues. Use that info as you wish

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
i did the same^^^^ no issues.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Mark me as one of the skeptical ones- chips and piggyback systems don't offer any improvements to the Titan. The OEM engine management systems are too sophisticated for anything less than UpRev's Osirus.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Mark me as one of the skeptical ones- chips and piggyback systems don't offer any improvements to the Titan. The OEM engine management systems are too sophisticated for anything less than UpRev's Osirus.
other then disabling WOT, changing throttle sensitivity, and some crappy "monitoring system" i agree lol. it just makes the truck feel faster for the most part. oh and timing advance.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
My truck made 26hp and 33lbft from stock to 93 BDGT tune proven on dyno with headers and full exhaust. I have a video on my website of this increase. Now with that said I'm Uprev tuned now and it is much better just have not been to the dyno for true gains. The Titan transmission is bullet proof and has a separate computer from the ecu so I dont see where any programmer would cause issues. Never heard of any issues anyway.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replya so far guys. I'm looking at advancing my timing just 1 degree but the tuner says I have no timing credits?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
dealership can advance the timing if you're nice to them.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Got an 04 with the cortex programmer. I've had it for..... over 3 years if remember right. No problems. Am looking tho to go to uprev just whenever get money ready for it something decides to take a chunk out of it. Night owl is the guy to talk to on here about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts