Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this site so i dont know what Im doing...

I am in the market for a new truck and all I am doing is exploring my options. I really wanted a Toyota 4runner but then decided that I need a truck bed. I have considered toyota tundra, dodge ram, chevy silverado and the nissan Titan.. I left Ford trucks out because of price :) ... SOO to my questions about the TITAN(4door)...

What is the interior like?
Is there enough leg room in the back seat?
Is there sufficient power?
TOP SPEED! :) ??
How is the freeway drive?

Anything else that would help.... :D Someone convince me that this is the best truck to buy...!! thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
HotShot13524 said:

I am in the market for a new truck and all I am doing is exploring my options. I really wanted a Toyota 4runner but then decided that I need a truck bed. I have considered toyota tundra, dodge ram, chevy silverado and the nissan Titan.. I left Ford trucks out because of price :) ... SOO to my questions about the TITAN(4door)...

Anything else that would help.... :D Someone convince me that this is the best truck to buy...!! thank you for your help.
The interior is the largest there is. There is about as much room in the back as there is in the front. Having a Titan is like having a SUV and a truck. Plenty enough room to transport 5 or 6 adults yet still has a bed to put grimy, bulky, and tall stuff.

The Titan has the best driving experience of any truck. I think the power to weight ratio is the best on the Titan. It drives like it is rocket propelled yet it is nimble and responsive. No need for you to look further than the Titan.

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
What is the interior like? Some like it..some don't. Its a matter of personal opinion.

Is there enough leg room in the back seat? There is in my King Cab version so I am sure there is more than enough in the Crew Cab.

Is there sufficient power? Yes...I don't think there is an owner on this board that would say otherwise.

TOP SPEED! ?? Limited by the computer to 114mph.

How is the freeway drive? 3100 miles on ours as of today (exactly one month of ownership) with 70% of it on the freeway. It's not car like but it does ride nice.

Lastly - Both me and my wife LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Chris

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just because you've had one isolated incident, I don't think it's fair to condemn all Titans from here on in. Generally speaking, the Titan has been pretty solid.

snowman said:
pay the extra.... my nissan is a nightmare....

·
Registered
196 Posts
HotShot13524 said:

Test drive the trucks in Question- that is the best way to decide. However, the Titan has more horsepower than everyone but dodge and the highist torgue in one of the lightest 1/2 tons out there. The 5 speed auto trans. is smooth shifting and has manual shift mode if you need more control on accasion. Exceleration to highway speed is amazing, passing is easy, self control is needed to avoid speeding tickets. Runs smooth even at 75 mph on the highways to me after driving my old truck (1995 ford ranger), maybe not like a car but far more comfortable than your fathers truck. In my King Cab I have had five people already, and before I bought the truck I checked that I could sit comfortably in the back seat. The only catch is that my SE KC 4x4 with off road package( low gears and 17 in rims) gets about 13 mpg so far, equel to what I have heard obout the domestics except Dodge which gets even less mpg according to epa estimets.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wont form a opinion cause it would obviously be toward dodge. All i can say is I got a hemi with 8k on it, and no problems. Fuel is great highway on cruise at 70mph. Get in the city, and your looking at 13-14 in a hemi 4x4. I want too say though with Nissans reliability it has shown over the years, and if that big V8 stands up too that endurance tag, then the Nissan will be a great purchase! I deliver too mopar/nissan dealers, and no major problems with nissans so far. I wont buy a nissan only for the fact i am a Brand Loyal Dodge Owner. As long as your happy thats all that matters..

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
BudmanHemi said:
I wont form a opinion cause it would obviously be toward dodge. All i can say is I got a hemi with 8k on it, and no problems. Fuel is great highway on cruise at 70mph. Get in the city, and your looking at 13-14 in a hemi 4x4. I want too say though with Nissans reliability it has shown over the years, and if that big V8 stands up too that endurance tag, then the Nissan will be a great purchase! I deliver too mopar/nissan dealers, and no major problems with nissans so far. I wont buy a nissan only for the fact i am a Brand Loyal Dodge Owner. As long as your happy thats all that matters..
Budman,

Since you are a Dodge man I can't resist sending you this photo of a Ram. :jester:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts