Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a 2018 Titan SV. Curious if you guys are aware of any major current problems with the trucks. Any feedback, good or bad, is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
There's transmission issues that seem to affect 16's and 17's but some 18's too. Some of the trucks shake really bad at 62-70mph. A lot plp don't like the Nav system. The auto wipers aren't working right for some plp. The apple phone plp don't like it's interface with the radio. That being said I luv mine, a little transmission goofiness but I come from a line of 25yr manual transmissions and hate autos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's transmission issues that seem to affect 16's and 17's but some 18's too. Some of the trucks shake really bad at 62-70mph. A lot plp don't like the Nav system. The auto wipers aren't working right for some plp. The apple phone plp don't like it's interface with the radio. That being said I luv mine, a little transmission goofiness but I come from a line of 25yr manual transmissions and hate autos.
Thanks! Been seeing a lot about the transmission problems. I drove one today at highway speed and it seemed really smooth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a new 2018 and have no problem so far. However, sometimes the engine/trans sounds like a v12 diesel bus taking off from red light.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Less tranny problems in the '18's for sure.

Test drive thoroughly (not just around the block), and feel for vibrations at highway speeds (60+)

My build date was 4/18, so I must have got a good one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The least of worries. If you got one that doesn't vibrate or transmission that doesn't act up, i wouldn't complain about anything else! LOLOLOL

Put fuel in it and see if it bugles like my 17. Its real annoying. Other than that I really enjoy the truck

·
Registered
702 Posts
These engines ARE loud........Sometimes, even at idle, these gas engines sound like diesels! :eek_surprise:
Hmm, I dunno. I thought mine was so quiet I bought an AFE exhaust system for it, and I still don't think it's very loud. Now it just sounds good, a light rumble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the most part mine is very smooth and quiet. However, sometimes it appears that the engine fan is fully engaged by its clutch , and when taking off from a red light it sounds like a Diesel engine.

The trans/engine does a lot of breaking, much like an 18wheeler.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It does do some downshifting. right at 40 mine downshifts to 3rd. If you're in town puttin' around, its hard to get out of that.

For the most part mine is very smooth and quiet. However, sometimes it appears that the engine fan is fully engaged by its clutch , and when taking off from a red light it sounds like a Diesel engine.

The trans/engine does a lot of breaking, much like an 18wheeler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the market for a 2018 Titan SV. Curious if you guys are aware of any major current problems with the trucks. Any feedback, good or bad, is greatly appreciated.
I've owned nothing but domestics in my time of truck ownership and by far this is the best truck I've owned. I just bought a 2018 SV CC and love it. The diesel sound to me is a huge plus. The exhaust system is naturally louder than the aftermarket system I had on my 92' F150. Gas mileage is "eh", but honestly it's a truck. Some comforts that I had in my last truck, 16' Silverado, were nicer than what the 18' Titan has, but the price tag for these trucks is much friendly than the domestics. Haven't had any issues with mine, fingers crossed, so hopefully your search and purchase goes just as well!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is this an XD you purchased?

I've owned nothing but domestics in my time of truck ownership and by far this is the best truck I've owned. I just bought a 2018 SV CC and love it. The diesel sound to me is a huge plus. The exhaust system is naturally louder than the aftermarket system I had on my 92' F150. Gas mileage is "eh", but honestly it's a truck. Some comforts that I had in my last truck, 16' Silverado, were nicer than what the 18' Titan has, but the price tag for these trucks is much friendly than the domestics. Haven't had any issues with mine, fingers crossed, so hopefully your search and purchase goes just as well!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes, Non-XD.

I did have a Ram 1500 with the Hemi 5.7. It ran a little quieter.

But I do like the rumble of the Titan 5.6!

greg4titan it's a non-XD. It looks like you have the non-XD as well? Maybe it's just these 5.6L that give it that "big truck" sound. Everything I've had is a bit smaller than the 5.6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 2017 PRO 4-X 5.6 King Cab that was a left over demo/loaner with 1800 miles. I really like the truck so far but I've notice a few things that seem odd. Really like the HP and sound of the engine. I also have the bugle sound when filling up. The truck feels like a manual transmission when it down shifts coming to a slower speed or stop, meaning it holds onto the gear longer than it should. Also the air stays on in non auto mode if it is warmer outside truck than inside. Not way to turn off the a/c and have the windows off? The radio/ XM display is not user friendly and doesn't give many details.
Also not as many parts available for king cabs yet...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have never touched the AUTO button on the a/c. in a demo, I like to never have figured that out (how to actually get it OUT of auto even though the button is not illuminated).

I just hit power on, adjust the fan, hit A/C, nothing else.

there is a note about that in the manual how to reverse that.

The truck will generally start downshifting when you get below 40. that's when you really notice it. I don't really pay any attention to any downshift after that.. Just that the 40 one is more pronounced.
Its annoying when you get behind a pokey in town that's going 40-45. But all the titans are programmed this way it appears. BUT, I don't really call it a "problem".

Hi, I just bought a 2017 PRO 4-X 5.6 King Cab that was a left over demo/loaner with 1800 miles. I really like the truck so far but I've notice a few things that seem odd. Really like the HP and sound of the engine. I also have the bugle sound when filling up. The truck feels like a manual transmission when it down shifts coming to a slower speed or stop, meaning it holds onto the gear longer than it should. Also the air stays on in non auto mode if it is warmer outside truck than inside. Not way to turn off the a/c and have the windows off? The radio/ XM display is not user friendly and doesn't give many details.
Also not as many parts available for king cabs yet...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, the transmission is something to get used to. Do you guys also get the slight rocking back and forth when it shifts up to either 3rd or 4th gears? If you don’t watch the throttle, it seems that the transmission shifts to these underpowered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts