Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's an 04 with 94xxx on it. Quad cab se edition. It's at a dealership they want 13499.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
By quad can you mean... 4 full doors or 2 full and 2 half? Nissan uses the terms crew and King cabs which is why I'm confused. Yea repainting wouldn't be difficult at all as long as you know what you're doing

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I would say that's really high. Considering it already needs repairs I'm assuming I'm being generous with the "very good" rating kbb has it only around 9-10k. If there's rust on that door though I would definitely crawl underneath and make sure there's no rust anywhere else. If there is I would pass the thing completely. You're looking at probably 15k out the door with their asking price due to taxes. It is the mid grade model with 4wd and crew cab which are pluses but the rust, miles, and years are working against the price. Take this at what you will but if it were me, I probably would pass on this thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Is the truck worth the price they are asking
Depends on your local market. KBB is almost as worthless as a turd in the punch bowl. Where I live, you can barely buy a truck with 150k miles on it for 10k, but trucks are always in high demand. Go into a flat, urban area and it might be overpriced.

What does your local market say? Have you compared the price to other vehicles in your area? You can almost always do better if you're willing to drive, but that's the trade-off. I bought my Titan in Washington DC, where trucks are fairly cheap, but that was a 6 hour ride - but I saved $3-4k from what it would cost around here, so for a day's worth of driving I can dig it.

I would probably try to get that same truck for around $10k give or take, but that might not be possible where you live, which we can't see.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Just looks like a little surface rust - pretty clean, actually for the rust belt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I thought it was pretty clean besides the cargo door put I can get a new one for $ 105 it will just need painted

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Way better deals out there for a cleaner & newer model. Personally I wouldn't touch anything older than a 08 & something that's not spent it's life in the rust belt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They gave me the car facts and it has only had 1 recall and was for evaporative emission vent purge valve. I thought just about everyone was recalled for axel seals diff covers brakes radiators. Should I be worried about those

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it helps I just bought an 05 2wd se crewcab with 93k miles for $10,800 out the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts