Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a Titan near where I live and I'm nervous about taking the plunge. I've ran it through KBB, and it's shows it to be a little high. I have roughly $10k to put down on one, but I'm stuck at a crossroads. Assuming that the exhaust manifolds are stock as well as the radiator and the rear end is in decent shape, is $18k too much? Should I hold some back and invest right off the bat on manifolds and a radiator? I was thinking around $16k or am I dreaming. What advice can you give to a newbie? Thanks in advance!

2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab at Nissan of Murfreesboro in Nashville, TN

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Worse they can say is no. I think if you landed at $15k or so you've done well. $16k is probably fair. It does have 110k miles so it's fairly high mileage for a vehicle of that year - you should be looking at around 50/60k miles averaged out. I would use that against them.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Yup, what jdmartin said, my 05 has 115k miles on it right now, that being a 2011, its got quite a bit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The ad doesn't say what trim level it is, or maybe I'm missing it.

Yeah, it's got a LOT of miles on it. If you really want it, I'd talk them down some more.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Have you looked at Newton Nissan in Gallatin, Tenn.? They had about 100 Titans and were a pleasure to deal with.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Don't rush it, unless you're in a bind. Keep browsing the sites. You will know your truck when you see it . It will pick you out. At least you're shopping the right truck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Saw that one at the front when driving by today. Looked fairly clean just from a drive by. I would definitely work on getting the price down though.

Talk to Paul Boyer at Nissan of Murfreesboro about it. He sold me both my 2012 Titan and most recently my 2015 Titan. He'll take care of you. PM me if you want his number. Can call him up or even text him, he doesn't mind.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
That's either an S or SV crew cab, and if it's an SV, with the equipment I saw on it, and the miles, it Blue Books at $15,300. I suspect you could work over the dealership if you're a good negotistor, and get it for somewhere in the $14,500-15,500 range. It will depend a little on your skill ad a negotiator and your willingness to walk and let them keep the truck. If you walk, don't call them. And when they call, have other trucks on the radar so you can work the price below your last negotiation. I've developed a skill over the years, and I get good deals on trucks. But I've walked out on some reasonable deals along the way, too.

Two things I can tell you are there are a fair number of nice Titans for sale in the southeast, and there are a lot of them overpriced. The good ones at good prices don't last long. But you're not in love with this truck, so don't go haywire over it. A great deal might make it great, but a lesser deal will leave you wondering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts