Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went thru a couple lay offs in the past two years so I had to sell my Dodge 2500 MegaCab diesel. Had it set up just the way I wanted, small lift, rims, tires and programmer. It was a tough truck but more money than I needed to spend. I'm starting to get back on my feet a little and want another truck for personal use, I drive a company car otherwise. I really like the Pro 4x's. Looking at the 2008's w/ a bench front seat, I have found a few but harder to find with bench front seat. There seems to be more SE's with the bench seat and was wondering how the SE's 4x4 system is compared to the Pro 4x's. The E locker on the rear seems like a great feature on the Pro 4x's but I dont go to crazy off road but tow some four wheelers and get pretty muddy. Just wondering how the SE's are off road or how expensive adding a locker, skid plates and shocks would be. From what I've read the 08's and newer have less problems but of course cost more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I had a 2006 4x4 se CC... had no problems with it other then the transfer case leaking after doing about 70mph on a dirt road for 20 miles.... in the 2 years I had it... id deff go with an 07 or newer.... and mine had the off road package with the skid plates....

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
from what i understand the e lock only works in 4 low, so it seems kinda worthless to me. PRG sells all the suspension goodies for a good price

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. Just feels good to be on a board again talking trucks! I was on DodgeTalk and Cummins forum a lot. They were great sites to learn and it looks like TitanTalk will be as well. Although it's going to make me want to buy a Titan before I am ready!!:rockon

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I really like the Pro 4x's. Looking at the 2008's w/ a bench front seat, I have found a few but harder to find with bench front seat. There seems to be more SE's with the bench seat and was wondering how the SE's 4x4 system is compared to the Pro 4x's. The E locker on the rear seems like a great feature on the Pro 4x's but I dont go to crazy off road but tow some four wheelers and get pretty muddy. Just wondering how the SE's are off road or how expensive adding a locker, skid plates and shocks would be. From what I've read the 08's and newer have less problems but of course cost more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Very hard to find a Pro 4x with a bench, I couldn't find one anywhere near me, however I did end up going with an SE that did not have a bench after all. I've been very happy with it, no mud yet but lots of deep snow and not the best stock tires on it, once I switch to the Destination A/T's I won't have any issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree finding a Pro 4x is hard and the only ones I have found were 08's. Anywhere from $24k w/ 25k miles to $13k w/100k miles. Thinking it will be easier to find an SE w/ lower mileage and lower cost. Should I be worried about a higher mileage Titan? It will be a second vehicle and just used on the weekends for fun.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
no i wouldnt worry. you'll be fine. Like you said the only worries were in the first years of the truck, since then they pretty much perfected them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the off road package pre-08 also have a e locker on the rear diff? Is there any difference in the pre 08 off road package and the current Pro 4x models. I found a 05 cc w/70k miles in the color I want with the bench for $16k or a couple 08 Pro 4x w/ bench seat w/under 30k miles for $25k. I should be able to knock a little of both prices and I'm starting lean to the 05 and save close to $10k. If I know me I'm going to add mods to any truck I buy anyway!!

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Did the off road package pre-08 also have a e locker on the rear diff? Is there any difference in the pre 08 off road package and the current Pro 4x models. I found a 05 cc w/70k miles in the color I want with the bench for $16k or a couple 08 Pro 4x w/ bench seat w/under 30k miles for $25k. I should be able to knock a little of both prices and I'm starting lean to the 05 and save close to $10k. If I know me I'm going to add mods to any truck I buy anyway!!
The pre 08's with off road did come with the e locker. Like mentioned before it can only be engaged while in 4lo. unless you mod it. I think you should be careful buying a 05 4x4 considering there were alot of rear diff problems, and a weak front diff. and undersized brakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been able to find some 08's anywhere from $25k w/ less than 30k miles up to 08's for $17 w/ 100k. The 05 SE w/ off road package and 70k I should be able to get for $15k or under. Not sure if an 08 w/ 100k for around $15 would hold up better. I want the e-lock and will probably put a small lift and tires on anything I buy. It will be a second vehicle for use on the weekends. I could pay more and get one with a lot less miles on it and probably have less worries but if it's just a play truck I'm thinking the extra cash will pay for the lift and tires. It's been fun learning about the Titans and they seem to be the best value for a 4x4 truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts