Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new and looking at a few P4X & SV w/BT 2011s around 75-100k miles on them. Can anyone give some things I should be searching for on the truck before I buy? I’d like to replace and maybe upgrade some things but I hope I don’t have to do bigger repairs right away. I appreciate any help or advice you have.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Big repairs you want to check have been covered in numerous threads starting with virtually the same question you've asked, so beyond the brief list im about to give, the search function is your friend.

Check the manifolds for exhaust leaks. $2k plus to fix.

Check the rear axle seals and both pinion seals for leaks.

Check the shocks for leaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big repairs you want to check have been covered in numerous threads starting with virtually the same question you've asked, so beyond the brief list im about to give, the search function is your friend.

Check the manifolds for exhaust leaks. $2k plus to fix.

Check the rear axle seals and both pinion seals for leaks.

Check the shocks for leaks.
Thanks a lot for letting me know of things to look for. The one I just looked at had a leak at the differential seal. I did not see any wetness to say the axle seals were bad. The transfer case seal had a leak. There was something leaking on the front drivers side of the motor. Not a lot but it was wet. I could not see anything about the manifolds. The heat shields are still there. Unfortunately the place was closed so I was poking around to see what I could. I need to try to get there during the week. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts