Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so many to choose from i thought id ask for opinions..

i dont want loud.. a bit louder than stock is ok. at wot loud is fine. what would do this for me and still yield a increase to make it worth while.. i will also be adding a cai which im undecided on brand yet. and later most likely also the headers but that will be down the line a bit still... lmk opinions please... thanks in advance

·
Registered
94 Posts
magnaflow all the way. i have had it for a little while now and it still makes me grin when i start up the beast. i have a AEM brute force intake. thery are a great combo and i would highly recommend. as far as gains, the butt dyno says it all. it is a very very noticeable gain, although i dont have the numbers. just my .02

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
Well, you're going to get dozens of opinions.

Here's a good place to start with some soundclips:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/29965-exhaust-systems-sound-clips-list.html

Once that has thoroughly confused you, try here for the intakes:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/30324-air-intake-systems-list-poll.html

Many options are available. And all who have them like what they have. My best advice: listen to a few first. Maybe go to a local meet and check out different setups on different trucks. Best way to know is to hear it in person. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Titan R has a Volant that has a low "rumble" while cruising around and has a nice sound at WOT - I don't know about the numbers but sound-wise it's great

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont want any of the "drone" though i do have the wife and 18 month old in the car a lot and she would hate that. for exhaust so far i have seen gibson. volant, and poss jba that would seem to meet my needs.. ??

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
Zoomers claims no drone. They're also a site sponsor.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Hummmm another thread like this!! Great!!!! I love oppertunities to brag about the ZOOMERS!!! I loved mine. A little louder than the stock and opened up WOT!!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Get a Magnaflow muffler and a quality intake. You can get both for less than 400, which is less than you'll pay for a full catback, and you'll get just as good of performance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just added the Volant exhaust to my Volant CAI. I am the same as you, want to know something other than stock is there, but still want the wife and kids to be able to ride with me. I am very pleased with the Volants. Not too loud, no drone. But, when you jump on it, wow! She roars.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Take a ride in your passenger seat, ull be surprised at how much quieter it is on that side. When i had only exhaust and no intake yet i could totally tell a difference. i dont know why

1 - 12 of 12 Posts