Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at either getting Elemental Designs EDi 6000s or Alpine SPR-17S. Both seem to have great reviews and I have heard both sound similar. I'm looking if anyone here owns either of these speakers and what their opinions are.

·
Registered
205 Posts
thinking about going with the high end bostons dont get me wrong these are good speakers but i am going all out with the subs and amps so i might as well up grade these too

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I have a CC I want to get 2 matching sets of components. I had a lower end set of Bostons and I actually like the Alpine's better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
to each his own 2 sets of comps is pretty much over kill and i am not a car audio expert but i am pretty sure the bostons i have are better than the alpines u are thinking about going with. just do ur home work and remember u get what u pay for

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey Mike why put 2 sets of component speakers in your truck??The fronts are the only ones that really matter.I have heard good things about the bostons constantly.I'm looking at the pro 60's personally.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the past I've always put a nice set of components in the front and a lower end set of coaxials in the rear for fill. In my last truck I went this route and was annoyed with the fact that the rears sounded a bit different and had different sensitivity. It just didn't sound right. Plus I'm putting in a DVD system with a screen in the rear. I want my passengers in the back to have a good front soundstage too. I haven't personally heard the Boston SL60's (maybe I should), but I never really liked any of the Boston stuff in the past unless they were the Pro Series.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
The Alpine comps are ok, they wouldnt be my first choice.

I use CDT, I really like them because they are very flexible. You have a lot of options and can pretty much make a custom setup depending on what you like for sound.

www.cdtaudio.com

·
Registered
138 Posts
I used the eDi 6000s in my last Titan and in my Frontier. I really liked them. At ~$130 per set, they cost less than most and the eD warranty is pretty nice too. I was a full on eD whore for a while, using their comps, subs, amps, and sound deadener. Other audio forums are really bashing eD lately, but I still like them. You get good bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Soonerdude said:
I used the eDi 6000s in my last Titan and in my Frontier. I really liked them. At ~$130 per set, they cost less than most and the eD warranty is pretty nice too. I was a full on eD whore for a while, using their comps, subs, amps, and sound deadener. Other audio forums are really bashing eD lately, but I still like them. You get good bang for the buck.
eD hasn't always practiced honest buisness but they do make a good product. Some of their subs are cheaply made but other than that they are ok...

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Boston has been making high end components for 25 years . And not just car audio stuff either.

The sl 60 are better than the pros use to be .

I would nt use an alpine speaker of any sort. Even if they gave it to me. And thats the truth.

ED has had some problems . Cant say i dislike them . every time i have used them they have worked fine. There warranty at times seems like just a piece of paper from what I have heard from other people that had problems.

Tell me another company in car audio that has made something for 25 years and the only time its changed is to make it better sounding .

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'm really leaning towards the EDi 6000s if I buy new because of the bang for buck factor.

bottlebaby, can you PM me a price on those Bostons? I'm going to go listen to them and see what I think. I've always been extremenly impressed with the Boston Pro's in the past, but have owned lower end Boston's and felt like I was paying for the name because I have found several less known manufacturers that sounded better for less. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions this time.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
bestatchess said:
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php?cPath=90

I have two sets of edi 6500s driven by a TRU 4 x 100. They sound good, although I would agree that two sets is really overkill.
Yah those older eD comps are the same as the older CDT's.

It really is more important to spend the majority of your money on the front speakers and just go with some decent coaxials for the rear. You can always upgrade them later when you save up some more money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts