Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for good low profile side steps (ones that tuck in and look like rock sliders with steps closer to truck. Looking for suggestions, pictures be great, Here's what I have now, about a 4 inch lift with 33x12.50s.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking for good low profile side steps (ones that tuck in and look like rock sliders with steps closer to truck. Looking for suggestions, pictures be great, Here's what I have now, about a 4 inch lift with 33x12.50s.
Check out Tyger Auto. They have some nice clean looking steps with a very durable coating on them. I say durable however I did have my first set show the slightest signs of rust break through after 3 years, I mean SLIGHT, however a few pictures and my Amazon recipts and they replaced the whole set no questions asked. They didnt even take the old ones so....they are still on the truck and are touched up until they get bad haha. (I do live in the salt belt of Wisconsin). https://www.amazon.com/Tyger-Auto-T...issan+titan+tyger+steps&qid=1627388811&sr=8-5
The steps are VERY robust and heavy and feel well made without flex as you step on them.
I now too have their roll up soft cover which seems to be of very high quality.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,655 Posts
Climbing in and out repeatedly is the only thing that keeps me from removing my factory running boards. The profile without them looks great. The alternative would be low profile steps, but I've heard some people say that the low profile might be more prone to slipping when it's freezing. I like this guy's setup Show me your running boards! although some people would rather have something different. To which I'd say these below might look good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out Tyger Auto. They have some nice clean looking steps with a very durable coating on them. I say durable however I did have my first set show the slightest signs of rust break through after 3 years, I mean SLIGHT, however a few pictures and my Amazon recipts and they replaced the whole set no questions asked. They didnt even take the old ones so....they are still on the truck and are touched up until they get bad haha. (I do live in the salt belt of Wisconsin). https://www.amazon.com/Tyger-Auto-T...issan+titan+tyger+steps&qid=1627388811&sr=8-5
The steps are VERY robust and heavy and feel well made without flex as you step on them.
I now too have their roll up soft cover which seems to be of very high quality.
Those are nice! I had them in my wish list as well once I saw them. I live in VA so I see salt as well during the winters. Are those lower parts pretty close to the steps, kinda give it that rock slider look?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To keep that look I'd go with the AMP Research power boards!

I really do want the AMP auto powered steps, just after the lift/rim/tires cost it be next year before I could swing the auto steps. At 3-$400 for others right now that will have to do. I would probably also get the plug in play new tough screen for the interior before the powered steps. That touch screen will make a 2017 look like a 2021 with just the change of the head unit alone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those are nice! I had them in my wish list as well once I saw them. I live in VA so I see salt as well during the winters. Are those lower parts pretty close to the steps, kinda give it that rock slider look?
They are. That’s why I liked them. They are pretty tight to the truck but very robust.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I really do want the AMP auto powered steps, just after the lift/rim/tires cost it be next year before I could swing the auto steps. At 3-$400 for others right now that will have to do. I would probably also get the plug in play new tough screen for the interior before the powered steps. That touch screen will make a 2017 look like a 2021 with just the change of the head unit alone.
Their a little pricey! To bad RBP doesn't make their power steps for the Nissan Titan. I just got them for my other truck and saved $300.00 over the AMP Research.

·
Registered
209 Posts
get some custom made. Real rock sliders welded to the frame.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x CC Baja Storm
171 Posts
Some for sale on the board if you live near Seattle:
Stock 2020 Pro4X parts for sale (WA State)
Or Cali:
Or TN:

Ok I need to stop looking in the buy section before I spend more $...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Some for sale on the board if you live near Seattle:
Stock 2020 Pro4X parts for sale (WA State)
Or Cali:
Or TN:

Ok I need to stop looking in the buy section before I spend more $...
Lol, those are mine. As much as I want to get rid of them, I don’t think they’re what he’s looking for. Although I thought about it after the fact, they can probably be modified to attach to frame and tuck in tighter if you know someone who welds.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x CC Baja Storm
171 Posts
Lol, those are mine. As much as I want to get rid of them, I don’t think they’re what he’s looking for. Although I thought about it after the fact, they can probably be modified to attach to frame and tuck in tighter if you know someone who welds.
LOL oops! I got sidetracked thinking for a year maybe he could find a local deal until the AMP steps are in budget but lost track of the low profile part.
At least the others are in the ball park. I kinda like how the rough country ones look for low profile.
I do like the factory ones so far, will have to see what I think after winter, my garage is usually above freezing due to a fireplace so that will help. However I'm more of a logging road, two track, farmer's field off roader --- not so worried about the profile, yet... I would have been eyeballing yours if mine didn't come with them though. Got family in Bremerton and I think we're heading out there this Christmas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts