Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good scan code diagnostic reader for my 2005 Titan. Recommendations please?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Even though you've mistakenly posted this in the 2nd gen titan forum, the idea will be the same regardless of if its a 1st or second gen.

If you have an android phone, your best bet will be just about any bluetooth OBDII reader off of amazon, then buy the torque pro app. Here is a solid one to pick up:

I had an ELM 327 clone for several years and it was working great up to the very end. Unfortunately, I left in in my '17 titan when I traded it in and they are so cheap it wasn't worth the cost of gas to go get it. So, I'll likely be ordering a new one very soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally used to use the elm327 but I kept on having issues with the torque app syncing and other stuff.

Now I've been using an Autel Bluetooth OBD and I find that it is far more complex and gives me parameters that I previously could never get from torque.

I got it at Wal-Mart and I found it in the clearance aisle for 25 bucks.

I have used it on many vehicles and it never ceases to amaze.

I am able to troubleshoot much faster and access more than just the ecm.

The app is far from perfect but I have sent issues to Autel and they do respond within one day. So far so good.

Only downside is if you have multiple vehicles, the module comes with lifetime support of only one brand of vehicle. If you have multiple brands you have to subscribe yearly or buy another module. I have many different vehicles so I just bought all the modules they had at my local Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Another reason why I love my Up/Rev Cipher software! It doubles as a live engine data monitor / datalogger / code reader for BCM & ECU + much more. 👌

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you look at parameters on all the modules? Like say ABS, HVAC, TCU?

I know on the ECU you have much more parameters than any typical scanner would (fuel tables and ability to modify parameters).

Can you use it on other makes and models?

What does it cost?

Im looking at getting it down the road when I change my manifolds to headers, but I hope that's a ways away since I don't have time to be messing with that rn.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Check out their website for a full list of engine monitoring parameters, BCM functions + other resets and self tests.

No TCU tuning available for our trucks.

I've never used mine on another type of vehicle besides for monitoring/datalogging of other Members Titans. Monitoring live engine data and datalogging other Nissan's is possible.

Each Up/Rev OBD2 cable is registered to each specific vehicle. Meaning you can only upload/download and write files to and from your own truck.

Not sure if it's possible or not to use on other makes and models? (Never tried)

Back in the day (2008) I paid around $550 for my Up/Rev Cipher & Osiris non-tuner version. Now I think the package is going for around $700, but I could be wrong? 💡

1 - 6 of 6 Posts