Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory Goodyear tires on my truck and they have just about had it (I'm just shy of 54,000 miles). I stopped at a few shops around my house and I am trying to decide between the Toyo Open Country H/T and BF Goodrich Long Trail TR. There is only about a $60 difference between the two tires and the tread patterns look very similar. Almost all of my driving is Tacoma to Seattle highway driving. I was wondering if anybody had either of these tires and what they thought of them, thanks.

I posted this in the general discussion forum before remembering that there is a separate forum for wheels and tires. Sorry for the double post.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have the Toyo Open Country H/T and I like really like them. I currently have over 75K on my set and they are at about 3/32, so almost time to replace them. Compared to the stock tires, they are a little stiffer, but they handle much much better, do better in the rain, and do way better when towing or carrying a load. If I didn't want a more aggressive all terrain tire I would pick up another set of the Toyo H/T's in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If all i did was highway driving, I would be looking for the hardest all season tire in my tire size. this would give the best wear in my opinion. Some of the softer tires really handle well in inclement weather, but they wear out fast. Maybe venture onto tire rack and compare the treadwear ratings for the all season group. You can also check out the reviews for the bunch as well.

Edit, looks like the General Grabber HTS got pretty good reviews and is also a slightly harder tire. I have the Grabber At2's and they're wearing pretty good. Also about the came price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts