Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the title says, I'm looking for a quality set of 5,000 deg low beam HID's that are total PnP...the factory headlamp connector goes right into the ballast connector, no relay, no re-wiring...

..Also, any pitfalls to look out for?....issues with converting our low beams to HID in a stock headlight housing?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Armaden I believe deals with HID's. DDM tuning is another option. They both provide plug and play. The stock housing isn't designed for HID's so you may piss some folks off by blinding them. That's about the only trouble you may run into.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
the stock headlight assembly is actually the best in reflective light. go to ddmtuning.com i have 35watt hi beam hid and 35 watt low beam hid. both in 8k. if you want to go with a brighter hid then do the 55w but you will want to downgrade the temp. like if you want 5k 35 you would go with like 3800-4k 55w

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I know HIDGuy.net makes plug and play kits, just not sure if they have a titan specific kit yet.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ditto on the HIDextra. I got the 5K lows during black friday. Install time took about 45 min due to trying to figure out where to mount the ballast. Once that was done, just plug n play. Simple mod.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
My HIDXtra.com lights are plug and play. Went in through the wheel well and changed the bulb basically.
Firefox blocked their page, called it an "Attack page"

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
the stock headlight assembly is actually the best in reflective light. go to ddmtuning.com i have 35watt hi beam hid and 35 watt low beam hid. both in 8k. if you want to go with a brighter hid then do the 55w but you will want to downgrade the temp. like if you want 5k 35 you would go with like 3800-4k 55w
Opposite. 55w washed out color does not intensify it. You want a higher temp 55w to match a lower tempt 35w

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Opposite. 55w washed out color does not intensify it. You want a higher temp 55w to match a lower tempt 35w
sorry for the inaccurate info, i knew it was one or the other.

ddmtuning.com has THE cheapest HID'S PERIOD. have installed about 11 of their kits from my titan, to my bike, to 4wheelers ect. never an issue

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Armaden has provided me with 20+ HID kits for me and co workers with a variety of cars/trucks. The customer service he provides has been unmatched by anyone I have ever dealt with. Check him out. All plug and play. The only wierd thing is that there is one guy that got 6000k HIDs from DDM and one guy got 6000k HIDs from HIDxtra and when I pull up next to them for color comparison, the HIDxtra looks way more blue and the DDM is not as blue but a bit bluer than mine. Its like nobody agrees with there colors and temps. Watch out for this.

·
Super Moderator
37,050 Posts
Not on the lower scale ... 5000 and under ... I know I have 4300K all the way around and they look great.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
I haven't heard of an HID kit that wasn't PnP (at least for 9006)

I need a new set soon. My harness for the ballast came loose somehow and the ballast was hanging down and hitting my front tire. The ballast was full of tire marks. I had to Mcgyver it to make it work again.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Armaden's 4300k great bright white light.
You'll have them in 3 days ,installed in 15 mins.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just installed 6000ks high/lows from HIDextra in my T. install took about an hour mostly cause my 3 yr old kept taking off with my tools!

Reactions: Haze

·
Registered
48 Posts
not to hijack but do you all go through the wheel well to change your bulbs? Is this easier than removing the headlight?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
not to hijack but do you all go through the wheel well to change your bulbs? Is this easier than removing the headlight?
YES!!! Definitely easier through the fenders... and ArmaDen rocks!!! Installed mine in less than 5-mins. :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Don't you wanna go "ricer blue" with some 6000K's? Hahaha.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts