Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 Titan SE. I am wanting to add an exhaust system to my truck, I just don't know which brand sounds the best. I'm not looking for extreme loud, just something with a little rumble when I step on the gas. That is too big of a motor not to be heard.

Any suggestions?:gunz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I have seen alot of posts on this subject...if you use the search function you'll probably be over-loaded with results.

Seems like the Banks is a crowd favorite. I am Looking at the nismo true dual setup but weary of a dual without an H OR X pipe?? I dont believe the nismo has either.

Either way, exhaust is highly subjective. Try to listen to as many soundclips as possible to get an idea what you like best, then research the gains involved with each one and if any low end torque is lost
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Hendge. I noticed after I posted that their are many posts about the same thing. Your right about the H or X pipe. I think I may stick with the Flowmaster 70 series. I had a Ford f150 4x4, 5.4, and that's what I ran on it. I just did not know how well Flowmaster sounded on the Nissan. They suck on a Dodge! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I heard a tita yesterday w dual rear out flowmasters and it was awesome . I run magnaflow on my dodge and the titan sounded better. quiet at idle and in the parking lot, but at the stop sign (he toasted me!) when he stomped on it, it was a killer medium deep rumble.

good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
I went with an 18" Magnaflow on my Titan (muffler swap, not cat-back), I was looking for a little more sound than stock without being annoying. The sound level with the 18" is great, my only complaint is when I'm on the throttle and the RPMs get to 3000 or above, it goes from a rumble to a "braaaap" that almost sounds like a rattle in the exhaust. I don't like that, but I don't hear it with the windows rolled up.

I may go cat-back at some point, we'll see. IMO, the tip for the Banks Monster cat-back is retardedly large. I much prefer something subtle that looks classy and like it would come stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hey whats up guys? First timer on the Forum Well lets talk I ve been wanting to buy a exhaust system which one? Another thing I am about to buy a Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift and was told that I could'nt fit my LE 18" X 8" stock rims. What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
On 07's and 08's our exhaust's use dual mandrel bent 2.25" pipes going into a single muffler with a single 3" outlet with mandrel bent tubing to the tip. I don't see the point in replacing anything but the muffler since everything else seems top notch. Maybe increasing the dual pipes to 2.5" might make a difference but I'm not sure. I plan on swapping out my stock muffler with a Flowmaster 50 series dual in/single out muffler in about 2 weeks. Got a price quote of $160 installed. I'll post about it when it's done.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37,152 Posts
I love the Flowmaster I put on, it's quiet at idle and roars when I punch it...very little drone...It's the full cat back system with a dual out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I just had my exhaust down they went to a three diameter pipe right off the y pipe with an 18 inch magnaflow muffler exiting out a stainless tip on the right side. Love the sound not much louder than stock but alot deeper rumble than before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
sligsta said:
On 07's and 08's our exhaust's use dual mandrel bent 2.25" pipes going into a single muffler with a single 3" outlet with mandrel bent tubing to the tip. I don't see the point in replacing anything but the muffler since everything else seems top notch. Maybe increasing the dual pipes to 2.5" might make a difference but I'm not sure. I plan on swapping out my stock muffler with a Flowmaster 50 series dual in/single out muffler in about 2 weeks. Got a price quote of $160 installed. I'll post about it when it's done.
I'm not sure how you measured your pipes, but the 07-08 are 2" ID dual in with a 2.5" ID single out. The OD diameter would measure 2 1/8" and 2 5/8" because of the 1/16" wall thickness. The dual 2" pipes are ok up to about 400 HP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
sudden urge said:
I'm not sure how you measured your pipes, but the 07-08 are 2" ID dual in with a 2.5" ID single out. The OD diameter would measure 2 1/8" and 2 5/8" because of the 1/16" wall thickness. The dual 2" pipes are ok up to about 400 HP.
That's what I assumed by eyeballing them and then the mechanic at the exhaust shop confirmed it for me. I'll have to put the tape measure on it tomorrow. The exhausts are different on 07-08's are you sure the #'s you gave me aren't for the 04-06's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
sligsta said:
That's what I assumed by eyeballing them and then the mechanic at the exhaust shop confirmed it for me. I'll have to put the tape measure on it tomorrow. The exhausts are different on 07-08's are you sure the #'s you gave me aren't for the 04-06's.
Yes I'm sure. The last 14" of tailpipe is 3" where the fake chrome attaches. The 04-06 is a single offset in 2.5" ID with a center out 2.5" ID.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
sudden urge said:
Yes I'm sure. The last 14" of tailpipe is 3" where the fake chrome attaches. The 04-06 is a single offset in 2.5" ID with a center out 2.5" ID.
Thanx for the heads up. I'll have to bring this up with my exhaust guy.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top