Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers: :cheers: Just purchased an awesome '04 Titan with the Utili-track system and I'm looking for a set of tie down cleats, dealer wants way too much $. (possibly the stops too). Please send me a PM if anyone has anything they're looking to sell.

·
Super Moderator
159,719 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Not a bad deal but it doesn't look like the seller ships to Canada. I've seen a few on eBay but usually they want an arm and a leg for shipping if they're even willing to ship to Canada. Quick question, how exactly do you use the stops? I was told that they may not be necessary.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I have never used the stops, but I use the cleats all the time.
I have an extra set of cleats that I just bought from somebody here on TT for 100 US dollars shipped.

·
Super Moderator
159,719 Posts
I haven't ever used the stops either. I just tighten down the cleats and go. :D

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Dunno.
When Wifey finds out I spent money I don't have, maybe.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I'll take all your old stops...:jester:
I convert them to quick tie down points...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
how much is the dealer charging? Seems like shipping would be around $37 us, but im not sure on the weight of the box.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Big "D" said:
Thanks. Not a bad deal but it doesn't look like the seller ships to Canada. I've seen a few on eBay but usually they want an arm and a leg for shipping if they're even willing to ship to Canada. Quick question, how exactly do you use the stops? I was told that they may not be necessary.
The stops are used after you put the cleats on the track, it keeps peeps from coming up and sliding them out the truck when you not looking. like a lock on a door, if they want em bad enough , they will get em.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
soljah2k - I'd have to find out if the cleats are the same. Can you give me an idea of shipping cost? (To Alberta, Canada).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've only talked to 1 dealer and they said anywhere from $60-$70 EACH. I don't think so! They also quoted me a price of $3200.00 without installation for the DVD system.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Pretty sure they are the same.
Would even bet a 12 pak on that.
A guy at work has an 07 fronty, and I have an 06 Titan.
The tracks sure look to be the same to me.
100 bucks is a good deal.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
if you dont deal with anyone by monday, can you post your zip code (or whatever its called in canada) so maybe i can go check shipping at a ups store...

·
Super Moderator
159,719 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The stops are used after you put the cleats on the track, it keeps peeps from coming up and sliding them out the truck when you not looking. like a lock on a door, if they want em bad enough , they will get em.
No....The cleats twist about 90degs after loosened up and come right off the track, the stop can't keep that from happening...
The stops are used to limit travel for things that slide up & down the tracks such as a bed divider or the sliding tool tray that I gave away for free...

The cleats list at the dealer for about $37-$39, I've bought several factory boxed kits(4 cleats,4 stops) on E-bay for around $40-$45 plus shipping.

I wasn't kidding about modifing the stops and cleats, I now have stops with forged eye bolts and custom track accessories using the bottoms of the cleats...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts