Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys, I'm looking to upgrade my current truck, and I'm curious to know what type of fuel economy you are getting during everyday driving, to wit, no towing or heavy usage.

As most test drives are short and don't encounter the typical roads we normally travel, how is the ride of the truck? very rough - rough - not rough

And, if there is any issues I should be aware of with the 2010 models. From what I've read, the rear differential problem applies to the earlier model years??

Any info will be helpful

Thanks in advance for your help
Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mixed city and highway I average 13-14 mpg. Recent trip to Key West with a pretty good headwind and I averaged 14 mpg hwy.

FWIW, I have a 2010 LE CC w/big tow (3.36 gears). If mileage is a big concern, I would look at something else...great truck, crappy mileage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 05 KK 4x4 LE NON big tow I get 14 in town and have gotten just short of 20 on the hwy. Hwy average on mine is around 18.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I probably shouldn't comment since mine is lifted. But I average around 12 mpg. The ride is great though haha!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
15 mpg on my 2011. Only has 1200 miles on it
Wow. Are you using premium? no ethanol? Where are you filling up at? I am experimenting because I avereged 15mpg with my 07 SE and since I bought my 2011 pro4x I got 12.7 using kroger gas. I read it was no good so found a gas station that sells 100% gas and also use premium since I have a 2 degree timing advance(mixed reviews on that too...lol) I got 13mpg last fill up so dont know if its worth the premium or not or if its just better with the 2 degree. My 2011 has 1300 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, keep those responses coming... Currently, I have a 2006 Ridgeline that overall is a good truck... But I have noticed the best i can get in the city is around 14-15 mpg & hwy driving I can't get 20-21 mpg. Comparing to what i've read on the F-150 forum, they're turning about the same mileages... So why not get the bigger truck.... And I've got some pretty good trade offers for my truck... I like the sheet metal of the Titan better, but the interior on the f-150 is more modern than the Titan...

Thanks again

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
10 mpg. But look at my mods.. And I run 93 octane, BUuuuut I still can spin my 35''s off the line no problem and sometimes it gets annoying ha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks guys, keep those responses coming... Currently, I have a 2006 Ridgeline that overall is a good truck... But I have noticed the best i can get in the city is around 14-15 mpg & hwy driving I can't get 20-21 mpg. Comparing to what i've read on the F-150 forum, they're turning about the same mileages... So why not get the bigger truck.... And I've got some pretty good trade offers for my truck... I like the sheet metal of the Titan better, but the interior on the f-150 is more modern than the Titan...

Thanks again
I went through the same deal. For me the Titan was the best bang for the buck...I paid $30.5k for a 2010, CC, LE BT with a great price on my trade. I couldn't touch a similarly equipped Chevy for $35k.

I can live with the mileage difference...

Mike

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

Thanks again
Well the F150 on a good day might get that high, but it's rare. It gets mid to upper teens for normal MPG. At least for the 5.4L

My Titan see's betwen 11-14mpg depending what I am doing with the truck But most of the time around 13 mpg.

The Titan is a gas hog, no doubt, but it's one of the best trucks IMHO in it's class. The Tundra also gets around the same mpg per owners I know.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

Thanks again
Have you seen what the Pro-4x looks like inside!?!?!?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
You're gonna get close to the same mileage on any of todays trucks. Pay no attention to their BS claims of 20-25 MPG. No pickup will get that. But if you're driving a V6 Ridgeline and getting 12 MPG, somethings wrong. A neighbor friends gets over 20 MPG on the HWY and high teens around town...however, shop around if mileage is your issue. The Titan isn't gonna be your thing then. Look at other 1/4 ton trucks. If you don't mind a 4X2, Fords F-150 comes in a model that does far better than the Titan. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts