Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a new vehicle. I have looked at just about everything out there and i think i have done my homework and im convinced that the Titan is the truck for me. what i want to know is what kinda of savings from the sticker price have people been getting. Im in Michigan near the Detroit area and the Nissan dealers around here have only a few Titans on the lot. I priced out a CC 4x4 SE for 33,500 and was told that they could only go down as far as 31,500, of course i walked out and told him i would have to check with MY manager. I was told that Nissan doesnt give alot of room to work around the price. Is this salesman full of $h!t or what? I realize that these trucks sell themselves and nissan doesnt get into that rebate and low finance game but i beleive that there is a little room to negotiate the price. Especially if they want to sell these trucks by word of mouth.

·
Registered
473 Posts
1500 to 2000 of is a good deal. Not the best, but a good deal.

I would go to www.kbb.com there you can spec out the vehicle and get the invoice cost. On average there is $3000 between sticker and invoice. In addition, the dealer gets an advertizing and holdback fee from nissan so asking for invoice is reasonable.

Don't expect to go much under invoice if at all.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My truck msrp. for $42,175.00. I was able to deal them down to 38k I had to make alot of calls to get that deal! And this was back in the first week of Dec. It was alot harder back then, then it is now. I had one of those first dealers call me the other day asking if I was still looking. And they told me that they would sell me one for INVOICE! I sad what happened back in Dec. when you would'nt come off MSRP! He said that was then and this is now! I told him I already own one and what I payed and he said no way! I said you should have gave me a better deal and maybe I would have boughten one from you! He said call us when you want to trade it in and WE'LL Deal with you. The funny thing is that this dealer is about ten miles from my house, I had to drive over 185 miles to get a deal BUT it was Worth IT! Good luck and hope you find a deal that you like! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
iwannatitan said:
Im in the market for a new vehicle. I have looked at just about everything out there and i think i have done my homework and im convinced that the Titan is the truck for me. what i want to know is what kinda of savings from the sticker price have people been getting. Im in Michigan near the Detroit area and the Nissan dealers around here have only a few Titans on the lot. I priced out a CC 4x4 SE for 33,500 and was told that they could only go down as far as 31,500, of course i walked out and told him i would have to check with MY manager. I was told that Nissan doesnt give alot of room to work around the price. Is this salesman full of $h!t or what? I realize that these trucks sell themselves and nissan doesnt get into that rebate and low finance game but i beleive that there is a little room to negotiate the price. Especially if they want to sell these trucks by word of mouth.

Pay no more than invoice.......or walk. I negotiated invoice in 2hours.....I was driving my Titan. My LE MSRP was 35560 and invoice was 32240. I love this truck!

·
Registered
740 Posts
invoice or walk?

There has been alot of discussion on this board about what is a good price. There is the camp like those who posted above that says invoice (or close) or walk! then there are those, (like me) who say negotiate a price you feel comfortable with for the truck you are getting from a dealer you are comfortable with, and forget about what others got.

If you are in (or close to) a big met... area you will probably have much better luck. If you are in Canada, you won't. They can't get enough product up here.

Where invoice will be the good price in one area, $1000 under MSRP might be a good price in another. The thing to remember is, this truck is worth the already low MSRP Nissan put on it.

If you are in a big a Metro area, by all means play the game and let the dealers outbid each other. If you aren't, $2000 under MSRP sounds great to me! IMHO

·
Registered
29 Posts
iwannatitan said:
my msrp was 42,160, i payed 38,400 which i believe was 600 over invoice

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
keane said:
There has been alot of discussion on this board about what is a good price. There is the camp like those who posted above that says invoice (or close) or walk! then there are those, (like me) who say negotiate a price you feel comfortable with for the truck you are getting from a dealer you are comfortable with, and forget about what others got.

If you are in (or close to) a big met... area you will probably have much better luck. If you are in Canada, you won't. They can't get enough product up here.

Where invoice will be the good price in one area, $1000 under MSRP might be a good price in another. The thing to remember is, this truck is worth the already low MSRP Nissan put on it.

If you are in a big a Metro area, by all means play the game and let the dealers outbid each other. If you aren't, $2000 under MSRP sounds great to me! IMHO
very well stated keane, i agree good point :upsidedow

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Orlando, Florida, I got a KC SE 4*2 at invoice. No hassle, no negotiation needed. When I compared similar features and options against the new F150, If I would have gotten the F150 at invoice it would have been at or higher than MSRP for the Titan. They are price very competitively.

iwannatitan said:

·
Registered
105 Posts
went to local fleet mgr

4x4 off road pack, big tow pack, rocford fosgate pack, dvd, utility rack pack....sticker was 36,800 (or around there) and i dont know if I got that great of a deal but they lowered it to 33,400...bought 6 year 100k warranty, and low jack, + tax, + license = 38,000. WITH ALL THESE OPTIONS on new F150 and even the underpowered Tundra your looking at 35-38 before tax, license and ext war. SO, with the lowered sticker price....this also lowered my tax i had to pay...instead of 3300 or so...i paid around 2800

1 - 9 of 9 Posts