Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions I would like to run by you all regarding suspension lift for my 2011 Titan Pro-4X.

In the past I've had a seriously modified Toyota FJ Cruiser with Icon / Total Chaos suspension setup and enjoyed the control and ride quality. I'd like to lift my Titan approximately 3 to 4 inches (no more, due to garage clearances at home and work) and do it right without completely breaking the bank. My truck spends 95% of its time on road and 5% light-duty trail riding. $2500 would be a good cap.

I'm considering the following components from PRG's online shop but am open to other sources if someone has a better idea. I'd like you all to help me look this plan over and make sure that I'm not buying anything unnecessary or omitting something important. Feel free to recommend alternatives.

• PRG 4WD Extended Travel package (including their upper control arms, SAW coilovers and Icon rear shocks)
  • Deaver Titan C-30 3-Leaf Spring Pack
  • PRG Variable Height Titan Shackles
  • PRG Titan Drive Shaft Spacer
  • PRG Titan Offroad Traction Bars

I had been considering just doing the mini-lift and level kit, but I think that would just leave me wanting more. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
365 Posts
i would say try the mini lift first and upgrade the tires, who knows you may like how it turns out.
if you wanted to upgrade, you could always remove the mini lift and sell it.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
I think the list looks good. couple things, dirt king fabrication makes traction bars, and maybe see if nick would build you some uca's. maybe save some money hint hint. also total chaos makes ucas for titans too. nfab makes some traction bars too. just putting different options out there. PRG is a great company, but its not the only one. I think based off your fj build, a mini lift wont make you happy, you'll want coilovers.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
You don't need the drive shaft spacer for sure and I don't think you need the shackles either. You will need a set of Adjustable Camber Bolts to get the alignment correct.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I thought over 2" lift in the rear you need the carrier bearing drop bracket and the prg shackles?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't need the drive shaft spacer for sure and I don't think you need the shackles either. You will need a set of Adjustable Camber Bolts to get the alignment correct.
I definitely forgot to add Camber Bolts to the list. Thanks for reminding me of that!

As for the shackles, I was under the impression that they might be necessary with the Deaver leaf pack to make sure that the truck doesn't have a serious nose-down rake to it because of how much height the Deavers add.

I'd love to be wrong about that as it's just one less part to have to purchase. :)

Thanks for the replies, all. Feel free to keep them coming. I'm not committed to anything until I start ordering parts. :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I definitely forgot to add Camber Bolts to the list. Thanks for reminding me of that!

As for the shackles, I was under the impression that they might be necessary with the Deaver leaf pack to make sure that the truck doesn't have a serious nose-down rake to it because of how much height the Deavers add.

I'd love to be wrong about that as it's just one less part to have to purchase. :)

Thanks for the replies, all. Feel free to keep them coming. I'm not committed to anything until I start ordering parts. :D
If you do purchase the Deaver leaf pack, then you're going to want to purchase the adjustable shackles. The Deaver leaf pack will lift a 4WD Titan approximately 2.5" in the rear. With the shackles, you'll be able to bring that down to roughly 1.5" lift.

With the 4WD Extended Package, purchasing a drive shaft spacer is not necessary. Other than that, the list you have there looks good to me....though I'm a bit biased....:)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I thought over 2" lift in the rear you need the carrier bearing drop bracket and the prg shackles?
i dont believe 4x4 Ts have a carrier bearing cause they have a 1pc...only 2wd.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I have a few questions I would like to run by you all regarding suspension lift for my 2011 Titan Pro-4X.

In the past I've had a seriously modified Toyota FJ Cruiser with Icon / Total Chaos suspension setup and enjoyed the control and ride quality. I'd like to lift my Titan approximately 3 to 4 inches (no more, due to garage clearances at home and work) and do it right without completely breaking the bank. My truck spends 95% of its time on road and 5% light-duty trail riding. $2500 would be a good cap.

I'm considering the following components from PRG's online shop but am open to other sources if someone has a better idea. I'd like you all to help me look this plan over and make sure that I'm not buying anything unnecessary or omitting something important. Feel free to recommend alternatives.

• PRG 4WD Extended Travel package (including their upper control arms, SAW coilovers and Icon rear shocks)
  • Deaver Titan C-30 3-Leaf Spring Pack
  • PRG Variable Height Titan Shackles
  • PRG Titan Drive Shaft Spacer
  • PRG Titan Offroad Traction Bars
I had been considering just doing the mini-lift and level kit, but I think that would just leave me wanting more. Thanks in advance!
First, 08'+ you can only get maximum 3" of lift in the front before you begin to bind your lower ball joints.

The 4wd Extended package is very nice indeed as this is what I have. However, I run Radflows on all four corners.

Here's my take. I have the extended 2.5" Radflows up front and they are set to 3" of lift which is the max for an 08'. In the rear I have C-10 deavers which gives me 2.5" of lift. With that said here is the height I have:

This is with 33" tires. Measured from ground, centercap, to middle fender-well:
Front - 40.5"
Rear - 41.5"
I have exactly 1" of rake.

• PRG 4WD Extended Travel package (including their upper control arms, SAW coilovers and Icon rear shocks) (3" is the max you can go on the front for 08'+)
  • Deaver Titan C-30 3-Leaf Spring Pack (you might want to consider C-10s as they give 2.5" of lift alone. C-30s will put up 3.5")
  • PRG Variable Height Titan Shackles (I did the same thing but its not not necesary as the 08'+ shackles will be fine).
  • PRG Titan Drive Shaft Spacer (Don't need it if you go with C-10 deavers)
  • PRG Titan Offroad Traction Bars (Great choice, love mine)
  • Cam bolts (Definitely need them)
You can remove your swaybar with the coilovers. This also means you will not need new endlinks. I love having my swaybar off.

I would suggest you save yourself some cash by going with C-10 Deavers and not getting the Shackles and drives shaft spacer.

Carrier bearing are for 2wd. 4wd have a single drive shaft.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Layer1, thanks much. That's good solid information.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,

Are the traction bars going to be necessary if I run the Deaver spring packs? I'm hearing from some of my Ford Raptor buddies (apples vs. oranges perhaps) that on their trucks, when they run Deaver springs instead of blocks, they don't need to use traction bars. Apparently Deaver's rep on their forum is using that as a reason they should buy Deaver springs instead of blocks.

Thoughts?

I'm not adverse to buying what I need to do the job right, so if the traction bars are needed, then that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Guys,

Are the traction bars going to be necessary if I run the Deaver spring packs? I'm hearing from some of my Ford Raptor buddies (apples vs. oranges perhaps) that on their trucks, when they run Deaver springs instead of blocks, they don't need to use traction bars. Apparently Deaver's rep on their forum is using that as a reason they should buy Deaver springs instead of blocks.

Thoughts?

I'm not adverse to buying what I need to do the job right, so if the traction bars are needed, then that's what I'll do.
Not sure on what height you are wanting to get out of this but be aware that the PRO-4X springs up front are 1" longer than other 08 and later 4x4. Meaning that when the Extended Travel Kit says you'll get 3 inches out of it, you're really going to only get 2" of front lift over what you currently have. Something I just found out as well

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure on what height you are wanting to get out of this but be aware that the PRO-4X springs up front are 1" longer than other 08 and later 4x4. Meaning that when the Extended Travel Kit says you'll get 3 inches out of it, you're really going to only get 2" of front lift over what you currently have. Something I just found out as well
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on this. That might change my plans considerably, then.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I think the list looks good. couple things, dirt king fabrication makes traction bars, and maybe see if nick would build you some uca's. maybe save some money hint hint. also total chaos makes ucas for titans too. nfab makes some traction bars too. just putting different options out there. PRG is a great company, but its not the only one. I think based off your fj build, a mini lift wont make you happy, you'll want coilovers.
DKF isn't making trac bars anymore. I shot them an email yesterday for a price quote on their street bars and here's their reply:

"We no longer make them because of an unhappy customer, we don't want to deal with the hassle again"

It's a shame, I was looking forward to equipping my Titan w/ their products.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
DKF isn't making trac bars anymore. I shot them an email yesterday for a price quote on their street bars and here's their reply:

"We no longer make them because of an unhappy customer, we don't want to deal with the hassle again"

It's a shame, I was looking forward to equipping my Titan w/ their products.
really? Did you talk to nick on here? That sucks alot. I wanna get some of his products too.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
really? Did you talk to nick on here? That sucks alot. I wanna get some of his products too.
That's a reply to an email sent to Dirt King Fab yesterday. It sounds like only the traction bars not the bumpers and other stuff.

I hope they're not letting 1 unhappy customer sway them from future business. Their stuff looks quality... it's a shame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts