Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I hope to get some valuable information. I will be purchasing a truck this coming week. I have looked into all of them, yet haven’t driven any. I owned some old Ram 1500s in the past, but nothing in the newer years. I was leaning toward another Ram, but I have started to lean towards the Titan more recently. I have confidence in Nissan, as I own a 350z that I love, and it is extremely reliable.
My questions are: How many of you out there have owned other trucks of the “big 3.” Have made the switch to the Titan, and will never look back? Is the MPG really worse in the Titan than the other trucks? How do they do on long trips as far as comfort goes compared to other trucks. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,691 Posts
I have had an older chevy and older fords, nothing new or comparable to a titan. But, my brother had a newer ford with a v8 and it got terrible gas mileage.

And the titan only sound sworse because the big 3 are v6 engines. Their v8s get the same, or worse mileage.

But, go drive them. I drove only new fords and this titan we bought. The fords were soooo expensive and at the price I was willing to pay I would have been stuck with a v6 xlt. That price point got me an awesome texas titan that is so loaded, I don't know what everything does and my wife has to get the manual out sometimes so we can figure stuff out

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought a base S model and it’s about the smoothest and most comfortable truck I’ve ever been in. I’m so happy with it. I think the MPG is pretty good and comparable with the RAM. The nice part is that you get the same engine in every trim, unlike the big 3.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,691 Posts
that's what i like, too. its the same truck, just more extras the higher you go. and the S has some nice stuff for an entry level model. that's what i will get next

1 - 5 of 5 Posts