Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 LE crew cab with the fosgate system I am stuck with the factory head unit since i have the dual climate, and noone has an aftermarket faceplate for it.

Does this faceplate just pull off? or do the units come with it? i may cut it out and do some bondo work to clean up the hole so i can put in a double din unit.

I have already upgraded the stock sub with a set of kicker CV-R 10's.

i want to upgrade the stock door speakers with some coaxial sets. but i dont want to break the bank doing it.

The plan is to use the stock amp for now, and eventually upgrade the amp by using a high end LOC on the stock head unit, and feeding a 4ch aftermarket amp.

I would like some advice on component sets to buy. I listen to many different types of music, but mostly rock, and rap. Some screamer metal, and a mix of a little of everything.

I know i need 6.5 mids, and conversion plates for the front to fit them in the 6x9 holes. What about the tweets? can i use 1in all the way around?

I was thinking something like this.

KICKER DS6502 B CAR AUDIO DS 6 1/2" COMPONENT SPEAKERS - eBay (item 130454823870 end time Nov-20-10 16:11:06 PST)

Also, how hard is it to change the door speakers? i have changed them in previous cars, and installed head units, amps, caps, neons, etc.

Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Actually it's really easy to replace speakers. First time take longer but its only like 5 screws to remove panel. I use dome tweeters where the small dash speakers were. can even use the basket just clean up all the mess around it. Also the rear speaker you can use the bracket to mount your 6.5 little modification but unless then 10 minutes to make it work. Also if you dont want to spend alot of money the boss 6.5 chaos component set is a good deal for the price. Comes with mid driver and separate tweeters and cross overs

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have boston acoustics components in the front of my T and like them alot...around $150 I believe I got them. Also, check your local audio shops, I came across a 70% off sale at the audio shop here in Austin this past weekend.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i dont know if anything changed between the 05s and 06s but i have an 05 and the only new bezel that i could find is one that had the dual climate control...i think the one that i bought was made by metra? really good quality and the paint matches perfect! and as for the door speakers, dont put 6.5's up front. get the 6x9's but get a 3 or 4 way speaker if you listen to a variety of music as i do. and the back get the same thing but 6.5's. theses are the speakers that i put in my truck and i absolutely love them, with certain music like rap or r&b you can crank the bass up and it sounds like you have a couple 8" subs and still sounds really good, but u have the fosgate system so already have a sub right?

Pioneer TS-A6983R (tsa6983r) - 6" x 9" Speakers - Sonic Electronix

·
Registered
156 Posts
yo what up bro i got u when ever your ready if u need help installing let me know i did my front ones not the back just cause i couldnt figure out how to get the door off i still got hookups around here if u dont find nething in your price let me know

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks jd, it will probably be after xmas when stuff calms down a bit. your cell still 6790?

·
Registered
156 Posts
thanks jd, it will probably be after xmas when stuff calms down a bit. your cell still 6790?
ya that me just hit me up if im in town ill help u out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts