Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok... So here is the story I am looking to upgrade my current lift on my PRO-4x which is a upgraded " PRG Mini lift" which consists of (Bilstein 5100 front shocks on middle perch 1", lift billet spacers 1 1/2" and urethane bumpstops, Rough Country upper a-arms, adjustable sway bar end links, 1 1/2" rear blocks). Front 2.5 inches and Rear 1.5 inch blocks which leaves me a 1 inch rake.

So I am looking to see if I can get another 2.5 inches from the front using the existing lift I have without having to upgrade to a 6" lift and starting all over. I know I can get another 1" out of the front by maxing out the kit but my friend has the same set up and his truck rides completely different (crappy ride quality).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4wd

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
You want 5" of lift? Won't happen without a bracket lift kit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dam... That was what I was afraid of. So I no way of reusing parts that I have now?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honda250xtitan,

I was looking at your pics. What size lift do you have? What size tire and wheels are they?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You think I could possibly get 4" out of the front at least? I currently have 2.5".

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
you will run through CV's at a very fast rate. also it will ride terrible.

I have 3" of lift. you can get 3.5" at the max. i ran that for a while.

to get 3.5 you need extended travel Sway away coilovers, top hat flipped, and the preload adjusted a bit.

right now i have 2" spacer on top of my Fox coilovers for 3" of lift.

also you need PRG or Dirt King upper control arms. Rough country arms wont give you enough travel to run 3" on a pro4x

18x9 wheels on 325/60/18AT2 tires. stock offset with 1.5 adaptors.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Definitely looking like a bracket lift for the height you are looking for. You can still retain your uca's and 5100's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm at the same hight and Ive blown 2 sets of cv boots in in a year last set only lasted 3 months... looking at 6in lift... wish I would of just done that in the first place..

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Definitely looking like a bracket lift for the height you are looking for. You can still retain your uca's and 5100's.
yup, for what my set up costs, it'd be better to get a lift kit unless he specifically wants the performance.

I'm at the same hight and Ive blown 2 sets of cv boots in in a year last set only lasted 3 months... looking at 6in lift... wish I would of just done that in the first place..
really? It took me 60k and 90k to run through the driver and then passenger side.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yep just dropped down to the bottom perch on my billys if I go threw another set... I might hafta just ditch this truck...... I'm extremely sad about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts