Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2x4 2004 titan and im lookn to lift. it im shootn for 9 inches in the front and about 7 in the back. i want it to be all performance because i go out to gorman, pismo and glamis, and lookn to kick some a$$ out there. any help, pics, or suggestions would be great thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
have a 2x4 2004 titan and im lookn to lift. it im shootn for 9 inches in the front and about 7 in the back. i want it to be all performance because i go out to gorman, pismo and glamis, and lookn to kick some a$$ out there. any help, pics, or suggestions would be great thanks!!!
Do you own a set of paddle tires?
Which do you want, performance suspension, or 9" of street lookn' bling? Make up your mind...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maby i wasnt clear PERFORMANCE. im not about shown off on the street...im more intrested in kickn but off road

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
maby i wasnt clear PERFORMANCE. im not about shown off on the street...im more intrested in kickn but off road
It was confusing, you mentioned performance AND 9 inches of lift....
PRG Products has a 4" Performance Kit that "kicks butt" and he's coming out with a mid travel kit very soon, either way stay away from the word "lift' and people will understand when when you use the word performance...

http://www.prgproducts.com/titan_performance.php

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
what lou's trying to say duke, is that with 9", you'd get a good looking set-up perhaps but the high COG will not be all that performance enhancing in the desert and dunes.......

but if it's 9 your after, you could go with the CST kit with extended SAWs in front and a set in the back w/a full leaf pack (small block perhaps if you want 7)............there's a pretty good thread that went on for a few pages about best set up for the desert, you ought to check it out.....

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
duke01 said:
THen why would you want a 9 inch disco lift? They are totally opposite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok got ya, sorry for all the confusion, im new so...
i said 9 inchs cuz a guy at the desert had a titan with about that much on the front so i was talkn to him about what he had on his truck..thats all

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok what about this set up... prg upper control arms, cst 4 lift spindles, 2.5 deaver springs... but what shocks should i get? and am i missing anything

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
That is a good setup. SAWs for the front.

TO take it to the next level add some airbumps and 2.5s on the rear.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
duke01 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think if you're going out to the "dunes" your going to be kicking @ss with a 2x4. Without a 4x4 your most likely going to get stuck in the soft sand and need some ones help to pull you out.

kartman is suggesting a great set-up though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maby, im not guna be out in the soft deep stuff, got a friend with a 2x4 and it can hold its own.... dont get me wrong a 4x4 would dominate but it wasnt in my price range...especialy while going 2 college!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cartman, ok so doing some reading i found out what they do... but i still could use some help on what size i would need...thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Call PRG, they can set you up with everything that will work together properly.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
kartman said:
Call PRG, they can set you up with everything that will work together properly.
duke...here is his phone number: 951 780-5331

1 - 16 of 16 Posts