Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got an incredible price on a new dodge max cab diesel a 2007 leftover and it's one of those deals where it's a price I can't pass on. I need the extra seating and towing. The titan is thirsty but towing it's really thirsty. This past fall I towed a skid steer to my house and back roughly 50-60 miles round trip and I bet I only got 5-7 miles a gallon. I had filled the tank on the way to picking up the skid loader. Plus my daily driving mpg is really bad anymore terrible since this past fall. I think I'm not even getting 15 highway now.

I might be getting rid of the cold air intake. I'll have to talk to the dealer first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah towing with the Titan kills MPG's, I get 7-9 when towing the boat of 6000+ with camping gear. How much was the Megacab? Did you get the new 6.7 with 6 speed auto?

·
Registered
662 Posts
If I were looking to get a diesel it would be the Dodge. Enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
next to the tundra crewmax that dodge megacab has some freakin room in it if that is was you need towing and room you got it with that truck hope you like it

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well since your needs have changed you gotta make the necessary changes.
If you decide to buy please come back and give us your real world experience.
I know there will be others in your situation and they would probably want to know how its worked out for you good luck to ya.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
DIBS on the CAI!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If I were buying a new truck I would consider the Dodge myself. Great looking trucks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My best friend drives a dodge. We always go at it comparing our trucks and everytime I ride in hers I tell her that its hard for me to ride in an "inferior" vehicle. The truth is (and I'll never admit it to her) I like her dodge 5.7 hemi alot!! Its a mean looking truck and has toooons of power. American made autos have come a long way.....

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
That's too bad - we'll miss ya but good luck on the cummins! Get on the horn with Bullydog ASAP!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Nice choice on the Diesel. Be sure to post pics if ya end up getting it! If I could've afforded it when I bought my Titan, that's what I'd have.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank,
From having the magnaflow exhaust I think the diesel won't be as loud. Between the exhaust and the CAI it's hard to hear when your in the back seat. Someone is going to get a nice titan with 31,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
baranx4 said:
Thank,
From having the magnaflow exhaust I think the diesel won't be as loud. Between the exhaust and the CAI it's hard to hear when your in the back seat. Someone is going to get a nice titan with 31,000 miles on it.
Put a 5" straight pipe on that beast, then it'll sound right! lol

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
bentol888 said:
American made autos have come a long way.....
My Titan rocks! IT was made in Mississipi. I think.
Nothing falls off it.
Good luck Meg.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold the titan but didn't buy the dodge cummins, I ended up with a GM duramax diesel. When I went to the dodge dealer it was the old bait and switch. The truck we had been working on a deal had been sold but there was another one there with 4.10 rears which would mean terrible highway miles. I found out that it had been sold before the dealer got back to me about the truck the first time. Plus the truck that was left had dealer installed options that weren't what I wanted and they really weren't giving me the price that they said. Plus what sent me walking for good was that they didn't have anybody there to appraise my titan. I had called before going to be sure there weren't any issues. When I test drove the dodge I wasn't all that impressed.
Needless to say I got a better deal on a new chevy diesel with more options better warranty, small print on dodge warranty excludes ram trucks in their million mile warranty, and it's the new body style dodge is changing next year. New truck is great I towed some stone for the house yesterday on a trailer and I only had a little over a ton on it and found myself looking back to see if it was there. You could always feel it with the old truck but it wasn't made for that and if it wasn't for the terrible fuel mpg I would probably still have it.

The dealer didn't want the AEM cold air intake so that's now for sale. You wouldn't believe how much quieter the titan was without the cold air intake and only the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
OK, I relinquish my dibs

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want a ton of money for it, it's now in the for sale section.

Only joking I only want $100.00 for it but you need to reply in that thread. I just posted it there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I just got rid of my Cummins so the ol' lady could get a Tahoe but she had to let me get a Titan!! So I did..... I have owned 3 dodges in past 2 years and they are good but the Titan is a better truck in my opinion. I do love those diesels but I cant stand the price of diesel:gunz:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
mgstroker95 said:
Yeah I just got rid of my Cummins so the ol' lady could get a Tahoe but she had to let me get a Titan!! So I did..... I have owned 3 dodges in past 2 years and they are good but the Titan is a better truck in my opinion. I do love those diesels but I cant stand the price of diesel:gunz:
Yeah but with a programmer they get so much better fuel mileage and they're pretty fast with exhaust/programmer/CAI.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts