Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been losing tire pressure in my front right tire... I just replaced the tires (nittos) and i thought it could have been the old tire leaking air... but now im at it again... how can i check the rim... and what other suggestions?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
the valve stem internaly or the o-ring inside the valve stem
take the tire off and spray some water around the tire and rim
some tire shops have a water barrel to submerge the whole tire to find leaks

·
Registered
544 Posts
just take it to discount tire flat repairs are free

·
Registered
544 Posts
discount tire? lol... im in florida. :ftard:
o sorry im in texas i thought they were nationwide lol. if you take it to anywhere that does flat repairs they can dunk it in a tank and fin the hole weather it be the rim, valve stem, or tire. i work at discount tire i do it all day long. if you wann try and do it your self take the tire off lay it flat on the ground and pour water with maybe a small amount of soap(so you can see when it bubbles) around the rim and valve stem and just look for any bubbles

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can almost guarantee its the tire pressure sensor grommet. Make sure all the nuts are tight and the caps are on and spray the valve stem with some soapy water; bubbles is a good sign that you'll need a new grommet. Its a VERY common issue with those sensors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
could be the rim is flattening out through age (happens on aluminum rims)
the tire shop can put some glue around the bead to help seal it. dont use fix a flat! it screws up the pressure sensors.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Grommet/Rim/Nut

You'll have to break down the tire somewhat to get the sensor off and switch the grommet. And its not going to be a fast leak, especially if its just a loose nut.

·
Registered
544 Posts
where to buy a grommet?
if you go to a legit tire shop they rebuild them when you get a new set of tires and like stated before in order to get to it the tire would need to be broken down

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Where did you get the new tires installed? At our local Mavis, they offer a $7.50 (per tire) TPMS rebuild which is basically just a change of the rubber parts...grommet. Have that done and I bet you'll be good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts