Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I moved thi sthread to here I had posted in wrong forum. I had the Titan in 4 wheel drive on highway a month or so ago. For about an hour maybe hour and a half.
The snow cover was pretty sparse and maybe I should not have used 4 wheel that long.
It was hard to get out of 4 wheel drive.

Today it grinded for 5 seconds or so when I went to flip it on and I am not sure it engaged.
It was slick. I eventually stopped and engaged 4 low which I still didn't work. I read all the diff issues. What do you guys think?

I have no idea what I am looking at so I crawled underneath and took a bunch of pics.

Hey guys I had the Titan in 4 wheel drive on highway a month or so ago. For about an hour maybe hour and a half.
The snow cover was pretty sparse and maybe I shoudl not have used 4 wheel that long.
It was hard to get out of 4 wheel drive.

Today it grinded for 5 seconds or so when I went to flip it on and I am not sure it engaged.
It was slick. I eventually stopped and engaged 4 low which I think worked since the truck crept up hill. Traction was awful my tires are being replaced today.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
You got a bad seal on the transfer case and its leaking all the fluid out. If i was you i would get it into a trans shop and have the seal replaced ASAP...

Reactions: vilim12

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotta get up under this thing and figure this out.
How can I tell if I am low on fluid in transfer case, low on fluid in differential, pop out a a c-clip , axle popped out of differential?

I don't know too much of what I am looking at so I guess tomorrow I will get the drive train schematic with part numbers and get part names from Nissan COurtesy filled in so I know what I am looking at and start from there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since it is obvious that it is leaking, unless you've added fluid, it is low. How low is the question. First thing I would do is drain the fluid. Measure it if you can, and inspect the fluid for color and debris.

·
Registered
146 Posts
yea, thats your problem, get that axle shaft back in the transfer case asap and change the fluid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I took it to my brother in law/mechanic. He popped it back and flushed/filled some fluid and I am good as new.

The help here is always spot on. Very nice to have a website like this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts