Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed 275/70 tires onto 18x9 rims. I guess they are quite a bit heavier than the stock because there was a noticeable decrease in power and about a 1.5-2 mpg decrease in gas mileage. I would like to get that power back as well as increase my gas mileage back to what I was getting but I don't want to break the bank either. What would be the most cost effective way to increase hp plus gas mileage? A programmer? An intake? Exhaust? (however, I don't want a loud exhaust. I like the sound of the stock exhaust.) I imagine all of the above would be ideal but that would fall into the category of breaking the bank.

I didn't buy this truck expecting good fuel mileage so it's more about the power but I wouldn't mind getting a couple extra MPGs also and I certainly don't want to lose anymore.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
superchips or bully dog will get you power back and then some. you can get them used on here for around 200 to 250. intake and exhaust help but are pricey usually.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My mpg took a hit when I added my AT tires but after I added a S&B CAI I was right back to where I was before the heavier tires.

BDGT reported 22 mpg when cruising at 45 mph with stock SRA tires

BDGT reported 19 mpg when cruising at 45 mph with new AT tires

BDGT reported 22 mpg when cruising at 45 mph with new AT tires plus S&B CAI

test were done in warm weather on the same roads many times over and i should also note that my 22" Magnaflo muffler was also on for all testing.

P.S. when the air temp goes below 35* your mpg really goes down until your truck has been moving/driving for over 15 minutes or more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts