Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I were just going down the road. Around 10 at night. I turned onto the highway from a side road.The others had a light. So we were just going down the road and this mustang gt passes us up and that thing sounded badass. Idk what all he had done to it. But he just kept goin ahead and got into the turning lane i was going into and I just pulled on the side of him. The light was about to turn green and he revd it up so i knew what he wanted to do. After we turned I got on it and was ahead of him till round 45 then he flew by me and me friend and I were like dizamm.. I knew he was going to beat me but i was just wondering how i was going to hang. It was fun.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If it was a new mustang GT, you don't stand a chance at any speed.

·
Banned
359 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
Unless you are KINGMADE....your truck needs alittle more mods to keep up with a Mustang GT
hehe, i can beat the new ones to the 1/8th but have a feeling they will catch me in the 1/4th right now... guess one day we will see.

·
Registered
457 Posts
He may not have anything done if it was a new one. Those things sound BA stock. They have a great rumble. My neighbor has one and it sounds like a diesel going down the street, lol.

·
Premium Member
75,175 Posts
roy365 said:
Hmmm......gearing or WOT setting ya reckon?????

I'm sorry, I don't speak Mustang... JK

I think it's gearing more the anything. My co-worker with the Cobra has a convertible and when he's reving high he's got a lot of wheel hop, he also spins his wheels through 3rd gear. I'm guessing they don't have a lot of low end and traded that off for higher top end numbers.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to put it down on the pavement though.. Everyone here has great ideas and methods for the Titans and the proof to back it up.. now if only I had some deeper pockets!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I raced a new 5spd GT no more than a week ago at a light in my altima and he got his s*** handed to him. He flipped me off when he turned at the next light to get on the freeway. I think he was telling me I was number one or something. I love my little sleeper:clap:

·
Premium Member
75,175 Posts
Titan5683 said:
I raced a new 5spd GT no more than a week ago at a light in my altima and he got his s*** handed to him. He flipped me off when he turned at the next light to get on the freeway. I think he was telling me I was number one or something. I love my little sleeper:clap:

is that the coupe?? any pics?? they look really sweet!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Titan5683 said:
NO factory altima will out run a new factory GT. You must be dreaming in your "sleeper".

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looked like it would have been an 04 or so. It wasnt one of the newer ones.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Toomnymods said:
:cough cough: i've beaten down a few 05-06 mustang gt's they arent that fast..
So in other words, you dont think your truck is that fast since they run about the same?

Look at all the mods + spray that it takes you to get down to what they start off at. They can run 12's with < $1000 in parts.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
So how much does a new Mustang GT cost exactly because I'll be all over the stock ones at my track with a 23,000.00 Titan. I think the thing that needs to be examined here are the drivers though. In the other threads I've looked at recently, the best drivers seem to be in the Titans because they are all apparently beating cars that according to most accounts should be beating them. They need to put up a sign at the drag strip "Drivers Needed" and stop this insanity, lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Papa_D said:
So how much does a new Mustang GT cost exactly because I'll be all over the stock ones at my track with a 23,000.00 Titan. I think the thing that needs to be examined here are the drivers though. In the other threads I've looked at recently, the best drivers seem to be in the Titans because they are all apparently beating cars that according to most accounts should be beating them. They need to put up a sign at the drag strip "Drivers Needed" and stop this insanity, lol.
I think they are like $24K - $26K depending on trim. :dunno: I got my premium trim for $22k used w/12k miles.

It seems like the noobs on my mustang board run low 14's but the "drivers" get them down to 13.5 - 13.7. (4.9sec 0-60 according to Ford) 12's with CAI/tune, pulleys, exhaust and sometimes gears.

The '05s & '06's came with 3.55's on the 5spds, but now some of the '07's come with 3.31's to help with the mpg. All autos GT's come with 3.31's.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Gone2 said:
So in other words, you dont think your truck is that fast since they run about the same?

Look at all the mods + spray that it takes you to get down to what they start off at. They can run 12's with < $1000 in parts.
Spraying IS less than 1k in parts :evillaugh

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Gone2 said:

ur a idiot.. yes my truck imo is fast, and no a stock gt running low 14's imo isnt fast.. you do know the titan probably outweighs the mustang by atleast 1,500 lbs.. strap on 1,500 pounds to the damn thing and see how many parts you have to add to do mid 13's

1 - 20 of 50 Posts